Camels MS53 of lush

Camel

Hey boes, so for those of you that dont know I bought my old wagon back off Dan. Ive got a lot of things that I want to do to it but for the moment I just want to get it ready for summer cruising as me n spencer are planning on lots of road tripping in crown wagon convoy configuration.

Anyway so short term plans are

Paint the roof white

paint the tailgate green again

make some wide steels up for it

tidy up a few bits on the interior

possibly remove the tints

change radiator and fan setup

sounds

fix rear main leak

fix diff leak

make brakes a bit better

change to column shift

more wof n reg :lol::lol:

So this is what it looks like sitting in my driveway.

DSC01453.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

and this is what it looked like before I sold it to Dan...

DSCN2605.jpg

DSCN2604.jpg

DSCN2606.jpg

DSCN2607.jpg

DSCN2630-1.jpg

Those are the steels I made for the blue wagon (spencers) on it, I think im guna make another set and get them powdercoated silver or something, not sure yet. The exhaust hangs down quite badly, was obviously a quick job from the conversion, so im guna make a mandrel bent system from the downpipe back (for the moment, im keen to make extractors for it later down the track) with a flowmaster copy muffler in front of the diff. Not sure if i should go 2 or 2.5 inch, 2 would be easier but 2.5 would probably be better for it

• 3 months later...

so pretty much just been rolling it since I got it. I got sick of the diff leak so pulled the diff out and put all new bearings and seals in and painted everything up all perty, I also replaced the inner tie rods as they were getting pretty sloppy!

I was driving it out to the shed yesterday arvo so I could do some work on it and decided id give it a bit of a fang and it didnt go so well haha

DSC01511.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

So thats it off the road till I get a new driveshaft made haha. My column shift shit arrived from australia so I put that in today, fits sweet but will need custom linkage to make it work with the trans. I also pulled the tints off and all the roof trim, racks etc so I can get it ready to paint. My wheels turn up from the states on the 14th so im hoping I can get them before xmas, fingers crossed. I ended up going with 15x8, 0 offset steels with beauty rings and hubcaps, are exactly like the pic below. Havnt decided what colour im guna paint them yet was thinking a pale yellow? what you guys think?? anyway ill throw some more pics up when im out the shed next

gennie.jpg

• 1 month later...

got wheels on today, the primer actually looks alright! man its so much higher with these wheels, the tyres are 195/55/15s, sorta keen to go lower profile but am also keen for large rolling diameter for better ratios etc...

anyways

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01554.jpg