originalrxs 808 wagon

• 3 weeks later...

I have desided its time for a change. I have found some 808 hubcaps. So i am guna change them from my chrome outer trims and centre caps to the 808 hubcaps. When i got the hubcaps they need a good clean and polish. So i clean them up and took them down to the local polisher. He did a prety sweet job but wasnt cheap.

After i got them back from the polisher. When he polished them it took off some of black paint in areas. So i deside to sand back were the paint was and repaint

This what they looked like after that:

hubcap1.jpg

I used some fine line 3M tape 2 mask out the shapes and areas i wanted painting

hubcap2.jpg

After i masked the shapes i wanted i covered the rest of the hubcap with paper to stop over spray.

hubcap3.jpg

I used a airbrush to paint the areas. Which workd realy well. After i pealed of all the tape this is how it came up:

hubcap4.jpg

I was prety happy with how it came out. Not bad for a first time doing anything like that. I will try get some more pics when they all finshd and on the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a pic of a wagon i found with a visor. This wagon doesnt seem to have the chrome trim arond the roof line tho.

mazda808sunvisor.jpg

I have kinda test tryd the visor on my wagon to see what it lookd like but the chrome trim around the roof line seems to get in the way if i was guna mount it there. I ant keen to take off the chrome trim.

The front struts and suspension need a bit of work so i deside to rebuild them. I got all the suspension parts sand blasted back to bare metal and repainted in black.

suspensionparts.jpg

So far i have only put the front stuts back together with new shock inserts and dobi lowering springs. Which lowered the car about 60mm. Not to much as i dont want the front wheels to rub or wreck the guards.

strutsh.jpg

Also brought all new nolathane bushers for front and back suspension just havnt got around to putting them in yet.

nolathanebushes.jpg

• 1 month later...

HELP

Ok guys i need some help. When i last took the wagon for a wof, the guy at the wof station said i have play in the steering wheel. So i check that the steering wheel was on tight. That was all sweet. So i took off the steering wheel and found the steering column has play in it. So is there a bearing or somthing inside the column i need to replace?

Any help would be much appreciated :D

• 3 weeks later...

Little update:

I have been slowly collecting up mint or Nos 808 parts

So far i have got:

Nos nose cone top piece:

img0266hl.jpg

Nos nose cone lower lip:

img0265i.jpg

Nos head light surounds:

img0267b.jpg

Also a few Grand familia grills:

img0269di.jpg

I am after any Nos mazda 808 parts. So if anyone call help would be much appreciated :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...