Churs 66 Holden Hr wagz

chur

hey there this is my new daily ride. 66 Holden Hr Special wagon. just got it about a week ago, at the moment im just trying to clean up a few bit and pieces while i finish off my other car. Then hopefully look at rebuilding the 186 motor with a few lil upgrades or might look down the line of droping a v8 in it.

Let us know what you think of it viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19150

Cheers Kane

• 9 months later...

So took the holden for a wof just before beach hop and it failed on some chassis rust. Had a couple of wholes on the subframe around the mounting point. Decided to remove the subframe from the holden and have a good look. Like all ways its always worst than it looks.

This is the front end off.

1012253.th.jpg

So this is what i found

1012237.th.jpg

1012236.th.jpg

The subframe where is bolts up to the body

1012244.th.jpg

1012249.th.jpg

Rangi patch to try stiffen things up as there was fuk all steel left there, just to get to beach hop.

The body where the subframe attachs too.

1012257.th.jpg

1012251.th.jpg

1012261e.th.jpg

1012259.th.jpg

1012269.th.jpg

1012271.th.jpg

Still yet to drill the hole in there for the bolt and clean up welds and paint it up

Cleaned up some the rust on the body. I gave it a coat of paint the other day but never got round to getting and pics of it

1012273.th.jpg

1012272.th.jpg

Also got some venetians too. Ordered them hopping to have them by beach hop but they arived a hour after i had left. Oh well they in now.

1012258.th.jpg

Cheers Kane