di0n's 1986 Corolla CE71

di0n

Bought this a few months ago with overheating problems and it became my daily. Overheating has got alot worse making it pretty much undriveable so it's time for a change of engine. Out with the 1C diesel and in with the 4age.

Some specs:

Engine - 1C 1800 diesel

Gearbox - W56 (factory)

Diff - ???

Suspension rear - reset leaves and 2inch blocks

Suspension front - cut springs with AE92 shocks and NCRCA's

Steering - steering box :evil:

Wheels - 14x6 SSR MkII's & 14x8.5 or 9 SSR meshs but need guard mods

Some pics:

P11405771.jpg

ce71-rear.jpg

ce71-nite.jpg

ce71-nite-rear.jpg

carpark-ce71.jpg

Thanks to the previous owner for the pics...

Comments and responses HERE please...

Another concern I have is the diesel to petrol swap. Excuse the noob questions :lol: Does a diesel have a return line? Can I use the diesel tank if I clean it out? I'm guessing I'll need to run an external electric pump?

• 4 weeks later...

Sold my daily so that has freed up some cash to buy the necessary parts. Got to spend some time getting my ute going and certd so I have a vehicle again before I rip into thwe wagon. Having a hard time deciding wether to go AE86 bluetop or stealing my brothers spare small port 16v and buying the RWD parts or just spending the extra money and getting a blacktop.

• 1 month later...

The sale of another one of my vehicles plus a little research has helped me decide on the Altezza Beams 3SGE as the new power house. Main reason being it'll bolt up to my 1C bellhousing. Should have plenty of power for the little wagon but still be driveable. I may have issues with the height of the engine (bonnet clearance) but will deal with that when I get to it.

Also sussed out some new wheels...

DSCF5639.jpg

SSR Mesh 14x9 around -10 to -15 offset

Need a bit of a tidy up but should look nice when they're done.

• 5 weeks later...

So I went out and bought an AE85 the other day. Complete minus engine and box. Figured I'd just buy a full setup for it. But strangely enough it's made me more motivated to finish the wagon. So I txt Brendon from Nite Parts and sorted out a 4age-W56 Bellhousing. Very good guy to deal with for those of you who don't know. Also sussed a RWD smallport manifold. So hopefully get it all in and going in the next few weeks.

Sorry no pics. Will update when my parts arrive.

• 2 years later...

Haha thread resurrection nearly two years on! My wagon has been in storage up until recently when I got motivated again. Now has a 4AGZE mounted to an AE86 crossmember. Just completed the rack and pinion conversion. Hopefully things will progress quicker this time around.

ad0426fd.jpg