DXROLLA's KP Starlet Project

DXROLLA

Ok well i gues its about time i made one of these, unfortunitly i dont have any photos of when i first got the starly. I bought it last year off an old guy who had owned it for the last 10 or so years, it had been sitting in his garage for the past 4 years as he thought it was buggered. So i bought it off him knowing i had a spare 4k lying around at home to put in, turns out i didnt need it after all as when i got it home i thoungt why dont i just put a new battery in and see if it goes. So i chucked the battery in and put a little bit of petrol down the carb as it had been sitting for so long and bang it fires into life.

So i was pritty stocked with that. Once it was all running smoothly i and a couple of small rust patches were fixed i took it down to the local testing staition where it past with flying colours which i thought was pritty mint considering it had been sitting for the past 4 years doing nothing.

Now the plan was to get some mags lower it some flares and chuck the 4k in with a couple of mods. So i went out and got me some 13x8 modgies, some bolt on flares, some rubber things from parra rubber in ChCh and some shortened shocks and super low cobras. Once all togeather i ended up with this which at the time i was pritty happy with.

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

But after a bit of driving it around that slant front just wasnt doing it for me so i decided to find a non drop hatch body so i could change the front over. After a bit of hunting around i manage to find i 4door complete body for $100 so i grabbed that and managed to swap everything over the only problem was the non drop hatch body had been painted primer so i had half a car white and the other half primer, so i decided to have a go a painting the whole car primer myself as i had never done any painting before i thought why not start now.

I dont have any updated pics of the car at the moment but will have to take some soon. I have also had my rear springs compressed an extra 50mm as i wasnt happy with the height, so at the moment i am pritty happy with how the car sits, its getting the rear gaurds rolled tomoro as it rubs like a B@#CH.

Anyway thats enough of me rambling on, my future plans are to get the car professionaly panel and painted and looking all shiny, and i am currently building up a red top 4age for it and will hopefully be turbo 4age at the start of next year some time, with a few more mods along the way, will try and get as many pics as i can.

Cheers Hayden