Alex's RA61 3tgte Toyota Celica (digital cheese wedge)

mixmasterlex

So yeah.

Plans are to tidy up wheels with black stripes along the inside of the pyrimid part, fix rust on rear pillars.

Need to take it a good dyno place next couple weeks to check tune once its run in. Was thinking RE Synclair? Any thoughts?

Needs more slame really, but will wait until some adjustables come up for sale for it (yeah right).

Just want to get it running as it should be, and tidy up the body. Going to get a new heady and speakers this week so will post some pics of those.

Paint is getting on, really needs a re-paint but going to give it a decent polish once the rain fucks off.

Pics:

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

DIGITAL POWAH

IMG_2933.jpg

Factory "buckets" with manual lumbar pump haha

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

IMG_2938.jpg

Ideas?

Also, have the original grill. Will put it in tomorrow and post some pics to compare with. Some people say it looks best like it is with lights forward and no grillz, I kinda like with grillz and lights back, but just playing around.

And yeah, motor was fully rebuilt, chucked it in with the help of my pop.

Must have the vacuum tubes hooked up wrong cause the bov is not working and the boost gauge dosn't move. Seems to spool up ok, but still taking it easy as the motors only done 250kms....

Just changed the oil again, got rid of the running in oil and put some semi-synth in it. GENUINE TOYOTA FILTER BITCHES.

Also, factory foggies work, they look pimpcore.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed a twin throttle body setup with forward facing exit. Has shortened the piping down heaps and made some room in the engine bay. Seems less laggy too.

Have done around 1500kms on the new motor so far and its running well apart from a few small things (hot start etc).

Also got a new heady (pioneer 2950 I think...) and some TSD1602R speakers for the front. Pauls car audio chucked them in for a very good price and even used some blue carpet that nearly matches the doors. Stoked. Running Alpine 4"s in the back. Really impressed with the sound quality of the speakers vs price ($190).

Excuse the quality.

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Right. Off to get rebuilt turbo, tappets adjusted, oil leak sorted this weekend.

I have been trying to toss up if I should keep this car or not. After the work I have put in so far it would be a shame to get rid of it already. Plus tis running like a champ at the mo. Get a few comments about how tidy it is too. Really the only thing that's letting it down now is the paint. It's not a powerhouse running standard boost so will probably take it for a dyno next week and "crank" the boost up to around 10psi then.

Then maybe try and get it a bit lower....

So anyway. I want to get the pyramids looking a bit sharper. I was thinking of buying a small polisher (handheld) and getting stuck into them with autosol. Once I have done that I wanted to paint the lines in the wheels gloss black. Have seen it done before and it can look quite good. Anyone painted wheels before? Anyone reccomend a good cheap polisher? I was thinking something along the lines of a small black and decker type thing.

Will post pics of her with spoiler off this weekend too.

Toughts?: ^_^

• 1 month later...