kirk28's MS123 Crown 80's pimpin luxo Barge.

kirk28

Had enough of the shitter EF Fairmont. So decided to look for something older,stylier and Japper (read better quality) to cruise around Sydney. I live in and work in the city so use a car SFA but still, it's handy to punt around in amidst all the stop start traffic crawl.

So came across an IMMACULATE 1985 MS123, first owner was the CEO of a share brokering firm in Melbourne. It is the cliche grandpa cruiser (he was 86 to be exact) who bought it when it was one year old and babied it. I Sold the Fairmont wagon the same weekend to an Italian backpacker for a grand more than I paid, which got me into 80's pimpin luxury.

These were the last new Crowns to be imported in Aussie, and at least have the 5MGE DOHC vs the shitter 5M we got in NZ.

Came with 1 years rego ($1100 worth) and the old guy just had the front and rear Air con converted ($1300 worth) to new CFC gas ---- ice cold, fridge works too. EVERYTHING works, every little light (even the one under the hood). Put the car on a hoist, and the underside looks as though the car has only been driven on carpet.

Never been in a smash, everything totally mint; paint,Upholstery,boot carpet unmarked, the car apparently was very rarely out of the garage. $47,000 new in 1986 which was massive money in the trashy 80's.

Pics from when I first got it earlier this year (go the Monsoons and the furry seat covers)

b7b61cv8.jpg

b8691am9.jpg

enginebayph4.jpg

bca41sg8.jpg

I want to keep this puppy as original as possible, so decided to try to track down some optional factory alloys versus the rank plastic hubcaps. Got it tinted in the meantime. It costs about an extra $100 to get the fully metalised stuff with a life time warranty, and UV reduction. Alot of people still go for the cheaper plastic shit, it turns purple within a year here and bubbles like hell. They can't see out of the windows, and it costs them as much to get it taken off as it was to get put on.

picture018largemediumgj2.jpg[/

rear1ns5.jpg

dsc00275mediumvh9.jpg

threexq2.jpg

Found a set of the factory alloys, got the tyres white walled.

w800.png

twoformodir9.jpg

oneformodwv4.jpg

one alloy is missing a centre cap --- which just annoys the fuck out of me. So if anyone has one, I'd gladly buy it...

toysin9.jpg

And also am after a set of fog lamps that JDM 120 Crowns came with...has to be from the sedan and not the "Pillarless i.e Frameless door-window 120's..The Grille on my Crown has two plates that you can unscrew to fit the lamps. There WILL BE a 120 series crown out there in someones backyard with them. Impossible to get in Aussie due to stuff all imports here.

I'm back and forwards to NZ and can have them sent to NZ addresses etc. Give me a PM if ya can help.

sdgoe8.jpg

needbi3.jpg

• 4 months later...

The Crown goes bye byes.Since buying the Crown, I've had have a dozen people ask me if I wanted to sell. One was a manager at an O'Brians Windscreen repair branch (when I had a small chip fixed), I declined, he called me a week later asking if I had reconsidered, I declined again. Went home for Xmas to NZ, stored the car at Kennards self storage,came back tp pick it up and the owner asked if I wanted to sell, I declined.

Another guy followed me home and asked me if I wanted to sell, I declined. Went to a resturant and the resturant owner asked me if I wanted to sell, I declined, this occured several more times untill a Pilot from Perth saw it on Toymods. He messaged me asking if I wanted to sell. So I replied with a figure that I thought would scare him off (I never had any intention to sell it), and to my suprise he accepted. Everthing has it's price and he was prepared to pay the figure I emailed to back . He didn't want it transported on a truck to Perth, as cars end up pretty dirty and messed up So it's getting transported by Train to WA Perth at the cost of $2500. The new owner is a Crown (more specifically MS123 fanatic) and will baby this car even more than I did. Sad to see it go, I've had it just under 10months, so in the space of 10 months, the car Has been trucked to me in Sydney (from Melbourne) and is now getting sent over 6000km to Perth. Farewell Big 80's white pimp, Long live the Crown!

picture014largemj1.jpg

w1024.png

picture031largelr6.jpg

picture029largefk3.jpg

picture034largecl9.jpg

picture036largesq7.jpg

picture032largeuv4.jpg

w1024.png