Insani-T's 1923 Ford T Bucket

Insani-T

Ok so lost the last thread for it, not that it had anything in it anyways. So new thread.

K so building this from nothing, currently waiting on my plans to be approved by NZHRA (not that I am letting that stop me working on it).

Plans are as follows.

Custom made Daniels Chassis

Fibreglass body from the 70s

Scratch build front end

EA Falcon diff

Rebuilt 308 (to start with)

Trimatic Transmission

And so on and so on.

Anyways pics so far.

Chassis (before)

100_0048.jpg

Chassis (after)

100_0053.jpg

100_0055.jpg

Steering box (cheers sexyminor)

100_0056.jpg

Body to start with

100_0046.jpg

Bare front end

100_0047.jpg

Engine when I got it

100_0049.jpg

Bare Chassis

100_0055.jpg

And now rolling

100_0057.jpg

100_0058.jpg

100_0059.jpg

100_0060.jpg

Havent done too much this week, and photos of near completed front end are still coming.

I did how ever draw up a template for the new steering arm that is getting waterjetted this week.

Here is what it will look like. Nice piece of stainless steel should clean up nice too.

steeringarm.jpg

More just pictures then a real update, but mocked up engine mounts last night. Just got to box them and then attach to chassis.

New vs Old

100_0075.jpg

Top mounted brake caliper (hows that for different)

100_0076.jpg

Engine mount (not the part we worked on last night though)

100_0078.jpg

Started working on the exhausts last night, have changed my mind yet again :P

Made the plates and prettied them up. Will be painting the exhaust system a stick out like dog balls colour once I decide on the colour of the car.

This is the style we are now going with.

modelA_16_.jpg

Ok so on the weekend went to Rotorua Swap meet and got two really good buys. One being a grill for the bucket (Original 1935 Chevy for $40) and the other brand new 15x8 rims for the back for $100 (these are chrome but getting the centres sanded back and sprayed a darkish colour).

So grill

100_0087.jpg

Cut this off

100_0091.jpg

And checked to see the look, just needs a bit of customizing and should be perfect. Your thoughts?

100_0089.jpg

100_0090.jpg

And the rims I picked up

100_0088.jpg

100_0093.jpg

O yeah and the engine mounts that are now finished

100_0092.jpg

Another real quick update.

Got back the steering arm from Waterjet place, the work is good but they aint GC's to deal with.

Didnt take a photo of it before we bent it, but just imagine it without the bend and there ya go.

Just need to make a bar from steering arm to steering box and steering is almost finished.

Anyway pics:

100_0094.jpg

100_0095.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right so no pictures this update.

Been buying bits and pieces for the engine rebuild. Finally got some Rocker Covers, they are chrome but its ok. Will decide to keep/change them when it comes to painting the car. Only need to get Rings and High Volume Oil pump, then I will go get it dipped and start the rebuild.

KY when it comes down to painting it, will you be able to help me out with your sweet Photoshop skills? That way I dont have to commit to a paint scheme till Im happy. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so finally done both exhausts. Just got to do final welds on them and should be sweet, old man thinks we should run pipes under the car with a muffler on each. Put a cap on the end of the trumpets that can be removed when I want it loud, cause the baffles will choke the engine he said.

Also started work on my heads, gave them a clean up and removed left over gaskets and crap. They will still be getting put in a hot tank but now I can work on getting the valves sorted. LAPPING IN VALVES IS GAY :!:

Anyways here are some pictures.

100_0114.jpg

Heads before doing anything

100_0112.jpg

Clean valves

100_0113.jpg

O yeah and moved the grill forward.

100_0115.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Saving this from page 6.

Finally have all parts for the engine, so that will get a rebuild very shortly.

Hope to hear it running before my birthday in October.

Been sorting out position of tail lights and stuff, looking very sweet in my eyes.

Will take photos on the weekend I think.

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14669&start=60

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well it has been just that, a few months. So here is another weak update.

Started the frame work for the body last night.

Completed around the firewall and half done the dash supports. Hope to finish off the dash come sunday, and then the steering column can be mounted.

Also have ordered some DB40 and high filler primer for the body, that shit aint cheap :?

More steel work completed on this thing yesterday.

So that is the frame section up to the dash complete and looked at how the steering column was going to be done.

All going to plan, should have that mounted this week (maybe wednesday) and then thats a huge step forward for the car.

K, so no photos of the steering column mounted because we ran out of gas before getting to that stage.

But here is where we are at.

Making room for all the steel that will going in.

P4210052.jpg

The frame work for the dash towards the firewall (not even because the body isnt :P)

P4210051.jpg

And just random shot of the alterd sitting inside its near completed trailer

P4210053.jpg