rustys 82 lancer ex

this is actually my first car. over last cuple of years i have lowerd it on compressd standard springs (4 inches) and short as kyb shocks. suspention is curently on bumps and the gas shocks alow fuk all upward movment so its awsumly/stupidly stiff so is very good 4 loss of traction :mrgreen: also have chuked in a 10 bolt disc brake diff out of a turbo ex and a few sounds as ya do. the plan is to get rid of the current 1600 and score up a starion engine or sumthing alike, might crank on a few starion and sigma brake and suspension bolt ons etc and bobs your uncle

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14382

picture004ox6.th.jpg

allshinyandgayllikeiu6.th.jpg

enginebayhahaaf6.th.jpg

1st pic is just afta i first got it aaagggeesss ago! 2nd pic= sumone score me up sum lower than 60 profile 14's plz!!!!!!!! 3rd pic shows how bored i got during a shity as engineering course (meenest air filter out and sickest oil catch can bahahahahah!!)

paintingwheelsok8.th.jpg

when i got the enkies they were a bit worse for wear so spent a fare few hours polishing and painting

fukingfinalybp9.th.jpg

4934117812a7764870273lfl2.th.jpg

^^^this is going to be my runabout while i do the ex. its a galant express station wagon and is a fun as litle beast with just a young 1600 in it so its good for gas! have slammed it on the enkies and it looks sweet so all im gona do is swap the head unit over from the ex and shes done (for now). i think its quite fukin rare cause ive never seen 1 before. the engine is the same as the ex (4g32) but it has a manual choke but it fully dusnt need it....

• 1 month later...

small update for no particular reason. have began to take the engine out and hope to do the deed this weekend. took to a couple of peices with the buffer and came up really nice and thers only 3 20 cent size dents in the whole car so not gonna bother with panel or paint for now (might respray roof and pillars oneday).decided to kill the 1600, oldskool mitsi FTW

shinywx1.th.jpg

skidncm2.th.jpg

• 1 year later...

BASIC RUNDOWN OF NEW MODS/PARTS:

1800 4g62T

custom exh manifold with ext wastegate and dsr380 turbo

modded sr20det intake manifold with multi direct injection setup

front intercoller bov etc etc

link g4 storm to run it :)

gillmores

oh and 14x9 bridgestones for back 14x7s for front-will b interesting

• 7 months later...

again a big gap had sum os issues + a massive change in my lifestyle (started uni down in otago) got the car running thanks to dyno power made 127kw at 5psi lots of room for improvment. unfortuanatly did something to the throttle/cable after only driving it a couple of times not sure as only looked for 2mins but it was stuck half throttle. thats first on the prioritys in my uni holidaes coming up, otherwise a few other things like alternater not charging, clean up the looming and start finishing the rims. heres a top pic of rim to show the offset, have got sum bolt on flares which i plan to glass over.

IMG_1320.jpg