Jump to content

Cute Wee Gem’s 69' Isuzu Bellett


Recommended Posts

So I finally got myself a Bellett. All the way from Timaru

She's a bit of a mess on outside with lots of surface rust but no major rust issues luckily. It had been stored in a barn for 10 years or so, so it was kept dry.

Dlj1BNV.jpg

mtrYsLj.jpg

Interior is mint.

fmgiRRO.jpg

The engine is pretty tired and only manages about 55mph, the spare is even worse I've been told.

fxD3qYy.jpg

wPMshFk.jpg

 

 

zep said:
I'd love to see a G200W with ITBS, would be pretty interesting

:P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many years ago my partner Kym claimed this car as hers, but I had lost motivation to work on it (honestly just didn't have the skills required)

 

Fast forward 9 years and many other projects later. I decided one day to take Kym to my old's house where the car was stored. Making sure the car was safe to tow, we then embarked on a journey to our new place.

9yu1MMp.jpg

We promptly started to strip it down and inspect it properly

c3idtgK.jpg

TCXIfPe.jpg

There was rust in the tops of the sills, bottom of front guards and the bottom of the shock towers/chassis rail that I had attempted to fix when I was 19. This area is common in all Belletts.

Ql8NoPK.jpg

The front crossmember and brackets had to be removed by drilling out the spot welds

NNdJJaD.jpg

eN8LL5D.jpg

Finished result after a couple of days fixing the rails and shock tower skin. I added a design change for moisture to drain from the front and we will spray the inside with cavity wax and seal the water from entering from the wheel well at a later date.

Yu7YEi9.jpg

Crossmember mounts welded back on

gxXRjhw.jpg

We then paint stripped the whole front, panel beated and welded where necessary, metal prepped, etched and primed

O1koYbc.jpg

nhcxbLL.jpg

88gWaDx.jpg

XIl43EX.jpg

cuQSxU5.jpg

This was the end of Summer 17/18 (we generally only work on it during summer)

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had also "built" an engine when I was much younger and made an inlet manifold to mount some ITBs from a silvertop 4AGE. I thought it was cool at the time but the whole lot needed to be re-done.

Ori8xvDg.jpg

 

 

Fast forward to Autumn 18

We stripped 2x G200W engines and used the best bits from each to make one good engine. We had the block, crank, valves and head machined, installed new bearings, rings and set the valve lash with shims.

wJU64WL.jpg

GdpZdZr.jpg

1qZqTJC.jpg

oqbPKgs.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Summer 18/19 we only spent a couple of days stripping the roof as I was busy building my TG Gemini track car.

9soZ14w.jpg

 

Fast forward to summer 19/20

We got onto paint stripping the rest of the body, cut out the top of the sills and tigged in some new patches. Metal prepped, etched and primed.

31wPyRK.jpg

xp2mcRs.jpg

kWRuZDg.jpg

1KCuSHp.jpg

Bonnet and boot stripped.

ziGSMbI.jpg

leAA68h.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...