part-throttle hesitation

Jay GTi

I've recently bought an Isuzu Piazza and have been running around in it over the weekend to make sure it's all happy before I give the keys to my missus (officially her car).

Overall it's all good (apart from a freshly cooked A/C compressor, but that's another story... :oops: ) but there's a slight but definite part-throttle hesitation when trying to accelerate slightly, like when going up a hill etc. Stick in a bit more boot and it clears and runs fine, but it's annoying.

A mate who knows nothing about EFI and is more a carb man reckoned if it were on carbs he'd start looking at the vacuum advance, so could be an air leak somewhere (plugs, dizzy, rotor and leads all good), but any other suggestions are welcomed, as I can't see anything obvious.

I'm assuming its an injected G200z if so I had one in my Gemini went awesome cept for the same hesitation. I couldn't find although I never really tried. I eventually got a Megasquirt ecu for it and it still did it so I'm guessing it would have been an one of the following injector's/one of the sensor's/dizzy or vacuum advance etc.