Rollas22 KE35 4AGTE SR COUPE

rollas22

Well guys, havnt put any project threads up at all (so slack)

Latest project is the KE35 coupe...

This was originally my flatmates back in Whakatane years ago, watched him build it from a shell to how it is in the photo below (took years an alot of coin to get it how it is)

Managed to pick it up off him start of 08 after years of hounding him, its been sitting in a storage shed for like 4yrs while he lived overseas.. came as a rolling body with 2x 3tgte motors...

Motors got sold for few hundy...

12616119a22711018b112070804l.jpg

Well brought a complete running AE101 Corolla Sedan off trademe for the 20v silvertop motor an loom really!

Motor was pulled out an pulled down, most has been cleaned an awaiting re-assembly...

Rocker cover was sent to BOP Polishers to get the once over!!!

Brought another complete 20v silvertop motor for $150 off trademe just incase i need bits in the future!

ALL THE NEW ENGINE PARTS BROUGHT

* 4AGZE Pistons an rings Oversized

* Waterpump

* Oil pump

* TRD HEADGASKIT

* Full Gaskit set

* CAMBELT & TENSIONER

Thanks MR REVHEAD (TOYSPEED)

Few other bits an bobs collected for this motor...

At the moment ive stript a set of quads down ready to be polished along with my alternator an a few other bits an pieces..

Will keep posted an photos to come sooner rather than later!

Have brand new Lenso RS5's (SILVER POLISHED LIP) to go on in replacement of the other rims that saw a max 2000kms lol

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...

Well not alot of progress to report...

Cam covers/sparkplug cover are freshly painted in the same stary mica blue hue the car is in (got the colour mixed up an put in to cans the other day)

Went up to Huntly in the weekend an picked this up (alot of spare parts for the build, has a 2tgue with side drafts an a t50, bongo 4.4 diff, cage, blah blah...)

SrParts.jpg

srmotor.jpg

srinside.jpg

Came with box fulls of parts, most i will be selling to fund the bolt on parts for the motor! so let me know if u want anything!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heres a Couple of PICS of the KE35 with the brand new RS5's on it... suits the car alot better!!!

RSs.jpg

RS5.jpg

They will eventually be closer to the guards when the new Diff setup has been setup etc...

Have been thinkn on what colour to paint up the rear quarter vents... currently have about 6 pairs ranging from Blue same as car, black, silver, grey etc...

Changed the SR grille to a Jail bar type found on the 1979 KE30's suit the car better, best grille for them so had to have that over the SR grille... can chop n change with the range of grilles i have aquired over time 8)

• 1 month later...

Few more pics...

Pic of the new grille setup (have aquired another version of this with more chrome that ill clean up an most probally use)

newgrille.jpg

Installed camber plates

camber.jpg

Got a new MOMO wheel

momo.jpg

Got new 20mm spacers for the front wheels to fit...

car.jpg

car1.jpg

More pics to be added this week! have been working on the motor side of things this week... lots of cleaning!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it finally came time to build my motor...

Sent the Block, crank, head off to motor machinists n palmy to get some work done.

Block was machined to fit my oversize 4agze pistons, was also skimmed, cleaned, all the oil/water galleries flushed out, frost plugs removed etc.

Crank was cleaned, polished, oil galleries replaced an flushed

Head was completely rebuilt, skimmed, all the gaskits replaced an seals.

Rods where checked over for straighness, cracks etc an fitted to the new pistons with the rings also.

Everything was preasure/crack tested.

The bill for it all was not that bad considering the amount of work that went in... was a week turnaround so that was awesome!!!

All the parts received back on friday...

Block

block.jpg

Crank

crank.jpg

Head

headtop.jpg

headbottom.jpg

Pistons on the rods

pistons.jpg

Heres all the new parts that i will be using for the rebuild process...

New bearings, frost plugs, head bolts

bearingsetc.jpg

Oil pump

oilpump.jpg

Water pump

waterpump.jpg

TRD Headgaskit

trdheadgaskit.jpg

These are my quads that ive spent countless hours on, all polished up!

quads1.jpg

quads.jpg

4AGE 20v Workshop manual i scored off the net :wink:

manual.jpg

SO LET THE BUILD BEGIN!!!

Block got the paint treatment (Stary mica Blue) same as my car is painted in...

blockpainted.jpg

blockpainted1.jpg

Pistons fitted

pistonsfitted.jpg

New oil pump fitted

oilpumpfitted.jpg

Head on, Cambelt on, Quads on, Oil pump on, water pump on

quadson.jpg

This is how she turned out!!! Fitted my polished alternator, polished rocker cover, all the painted cam covers, spark plug cover etc...

FINISHED RESULT

finsihed2.jpg

finsihed3.jpg

finished1.jpg

• 9 months later...