Singlespinners 'so you think your oldschool? 62 Humber 80

Guest SINGLE SPINNER

Guest SINGLE SPINNER

hey this is the new beast

1962 Humber 80

1625cc carburetted OHC

previously column but now 4 on the floor

benchies all round

replacing the void my p-p-piazza, or pizza to some, left, I pulled it(literally-sitting for 5 years) out of manukau so one day i may hopefully become whats widely known as 'oldschool' so far my efforts seem to have suceeded. with regular, thumbs up and 'my dad/uncle/brother/neighbour used to have one of those man'

When we got it all it needed was fresh gas, and a plug clean and it ran, So far its had all brake systems(drums all round) fully rebuilt, including new slave and wheel cylinders and brake lines, no parts listings at repco surprisingly, also a new rocker gasket(the guy said to try motat for parts)so i had to go custom and cut my own(super exclusive) he also said that his brother managed to get his one up on two wheels so might have a go at that for rofls, its entirely possible huge amount of body roll

mynew1ox5.jpg

mynew2vp1.jpg

ae81002tf6.jpg

ae81003zh6.jpg

It gets respect on the blacktop 'fo sure' My plans are for a touch of slamage and whities, reset leaves in the rear, and stiffer springs in the front for less body roll and eventually a repower but defiately no plans for mexican blankets or something redicilous like that:).

what im hoping it will look like

ae810011li6.jpg

cheers[/b]

Guest SINGLE SPINNER

certain areas of cancer need doing so shes into the panel guys at the moment, having been coated underneath theres not a hell of alot of cancer, but shes not to bad

dsc00067tn7.jpg

dsc00068lp5.jpg

dsc00069mr8.jpg

Guest SINGLE SPINNER

UPDATE: Found 3 of these in a wreckers yard so now i know where to get spares, Yea i just got it back from the beaters today who welded up the front floors and sill, less rust to keep the wof guys happy,

Front floor

dsc00089uz4.jpg

dsc00090wf8.jpg

New sill and under

dsc00088mn4.jpg

dsc00087gv1.jpg

Engine and other

dsc00091dy9.jpg

dsc00092qn3.jpg

dsc00093et9.jpg

dsc00066kl9.jpg

Some random pic i found on the net which shows the body roll

copy20of20hillmanharryuf8.jpg

more work to come[/img]

• 2 years later...

Due to unforseen circumstances, I now have a bit more spare time on my hands so have turned back to this, wanted to drive it for a bit as its been sitting in the shed for too long so decided to bring back to Auckland and sort for Wof .

Got crazy and Drove it back from Wellsford on Sat, 80km/h feels like 100km/h so it was pretty cruizy. Quite hairy with the thin cross ply's didnt drive too bad Thou but got a bit hot towards Auckland and burst a radiator hose and made a mess of my engine bay. So took the radiator out and associated hoses, for replacement repair. Plans once the radiator comes back to take for a wof sort rust repairs etc

• 1 year later...

Waaaay Overdue for an update

I recently got posted to Blenheim, so decided to blow the cobwebs off and take it with me and use it

humberdelivery2.jpg

By hotboxbody at 2012-03-07

Being loaded onto the truck.

humberdelivery1.jpg

Started off doing all the little stuff like a new battery and fluids to get it running properly. Pretty much a daily now, use it to get around the base. Doing little bits here and there

Took it for a Wof(probably hasn't seen this place in 10 years)

wofenter.jpg

wof2.jpg

Wof guy almost needed a new bit of paper. Still got more attention than the gts monaro lined up behind it

sorted.jpg

rustohshit.jpg

but nothing I didn't already know about so no surprises

before it went in for panel work noticed a few wet patches underneath the carpet, so did a little digging and found this

yuck1.jpg

yuck2p.jpg

yuckoverview.jpg

pretty much all surface rust, just needed a good going over and paint

stripped1.jpg

finished2.jpg

All stripped all back, with sand paper and paint stripper, a few spots where its rusted through but easy fix

paint3q.jpg

paint1x.jpg

treated all the spots with 3M rust killer then a few coats of primer

95537394.jpg

Used the steam cleaner to clean up my diff and suspension. Pretty much 20 years of road grime and dirt all cleaned.

Want to either get some superlites or widen the steels once the rust work is finished

more pics to come