Bullitt's MG Midget

Bullitt

To replace the thread I had in the General area heres the build thread. Not that much building will be happening but anyway.

The car is a 1970 MG Midget Mk III.

Bought with genuine 87,000 miles from the original 80yo owner.

1275cc putting out a massive 65hp

Luckily it only has to pull 680kg

DSC01831small.jpg

DSC01846small.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

Misc_026.jpg

Also came with a fibreglass hardtop. Its in good condition but the paint has crazed so Ill have to get it redone.

DSC01817small.jpg

DSC01820small.jpg

And one to show off the water beading :rolleyes:

DSC01856small.jpg

Have a few plans for it but nothing too major. Its too original for me to hack it around. But Ill still make it handle abit better and look abit nicer.

In its current form its easily the most fun car Ive ever driven. Its particularly slow and its handling limit is easily breached but once it croses it its amazingly controllable.

• 2 weeks later...

First mods:

Momo Super Indy wheel I previously had on my Datsun

Autotechnica Boss - As with every Autotechnica one Ive had it didnt fit properly, unfortunately Momo dont make a Midget one.

Wooden Gear Knob previously on my dads MGB

Before

DSC01861small.jpg

After

DSC01862small.jpg

• 3 months later...

After my minor incident I got that all repaired better than it was before and also got the hardtop repainted. Took me over 5 hours to put the windows back in it :evil: Something id never done before though so was happy I achieved it without any breakages.

Got a full set of new window, door, windscreen and boot rubbers for just over $200 landed so have put most of those on. A couple still to go.

DSC02003.jpg

Picked up another steering wheel from my dad when I was down there last week. It looks good in the photo but the leather and the padding underneath it has gone all spongy, also even with alot of shoe nugget applied its still not black so Ill look into getting that recovered. As long as its not too cost prohibitive itll go on the car. Mosre in keeping than the Momo above.

DSC02031.jpg

Have ordered a few more bits (suspension bushes etc) this week so should see some more minor changes in a few weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...