Insani-T's 1923 Ford T Bucket Drag Car

Insani-T

Ok so this summer I am finally going to start my project, had to wait till the 23 Alterd Drag Car was built and wouldnt you know it that is done and has its first go down the strip this weekend.

Ok this thing is going to be built on the cheap, but not making any compromise on safety of course :)

Will be running a Ford rear end, a chassis that was built back in the 80s to house TWO engines (I will only be running one). I have a body that needs a fair bit of work to get to painting stage, and nearly everything to get it rolling.

Only things really to buy are engine and trans, all the electrical stuff and steering coloum.

So I know there is going to be a nice member out there that is going to let me know how to get pictures up here when they are taken too. But for now I have some pictures of the newly built drag car if anyone wants to see that :D

Discussion Thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/23755-want-oldskools-bucket/page-1?hl=insani-t

• 1 month later...

Yeah so still waiting to get that body home :P

But finally got the drag bike out of the shed this week, so the chassis can be but down on the ground and gotten to work on.

Also picked up the engine I will be running on the weekend, its in need of a total rebuild but should be sweet to learn all about it and shit. Its a nice old Holden 308 with a Trimatic auto, stripped it right back and started to clean the block yesterday. I have photos of before for you guys, so will get those up as soon as.

Also we sat down and picked out a certifier, cause you have to register the car with NZHRA before building to save headache at the end so I am told. So get to start fulling out paper work this week :?