AE8SIX's 1986 Toyota Levin GT APEX

Guest AE8SIX

Discussion Thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/22402-ae8sixs-sweet-tofu-delivery-wehicle/?hl=ae8six

Well now that Ive finally been able to become a member of OS I thought I'd share the build up of my Levin with ya'll. I brought the car about half a year ago and duet to the fact that I study in Dunedin all I have been able to do to this point is gather parts for it. Once I return in mid November I will be spending my time ripping the car a part as it seems a custom to do on these forums and rebuilding it with my new goodies

For starters here are some pics of the car as it is at the moment:

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

So thats as she is currently I will post up my parts in a new post

Right so here are my parts

Engine: The specs for this are slightly unknown but do know it has HKS cams, Underbucket shims, Port and polished, High comp pistons, TRD .8mm headgasket, Removed TVIS, Aftermarket leads, and Trust Oil Cooler

exhcamengine.jpg

exhengine.jpg

HKSexhcam.jpg

camgear.jpg

Drive line: So Far I have a Jun Ultra Lite Flywheel, TRD Heavy Duty Clutch, TRD 2Way LSD

clutchandflywheel.jpg

Suspension: Have Tokico HTS20 Adjustable shocks front and rear with custom front coilovers, camber plates, 8kg springs front, 6kg TRD springs rear

rearshock.jpg

camber.jpg

rearspring.jpg

Wheels: When I was looking through these forums before I was able to join I saw the wheels which Nigel (Lofreq) had designed and made up at Elite wheels I really liked these wheels and now with Nigel permission they have been made. Dimensions are 14x8 -7 F and 14x9 -5 R with black centers and when I return home they will get Chrome Lips. I want to make it very clear that these wheels were of Nigels design and not mine I am thankful that he has allowed me to use it

dishwheel-1.jpg

widthwheel-1.jpg

Interior: Went on a trip to China and Japan recently and picked up a couple of small things for the car

od1950big.jpg

and the gear knob in the top pictures

Exterior: As of yet nothing, am planning a full respray and some sort modification of the rear guards to fit the wheels and maybe a kit somewhere along the line if money allows

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update nothing to exciting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROTHANE-TOYOTA-AE86-COROLLA-URETHANE-BUSHING-TOTAL-KIT_W0QQitemZ130166637221QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130166637221

Works out to $200NZD including shipping this is a really good price considering its about 250-300 on trademe and 300+ at stores so am pretty happy

Will be back in Auckland finally having finished this dumb arse fuckn degree and will be able to start on the car in just over 2weeks. Plans are as follows:

1. Get chip in front windscreen repaired

2. Do a quick angle grind on rear guards and bog/paint over rust (Just a temp fix for wof)

3. Get WOF and Reg

4. Start ripping out engine and putting in parts :twisted:

• 1 month later...

Well Ive been a real lazy fuck and havent put an update on here for ages even though Ive now been back in Aucks for about a month.

So heres the update anyways.... After getting home it was warrent time for the 86 and as every oldschool owner knows this is always an irritating time where your told of something new that needs replacing. I had to have a chip in the windscreen fixed but as it turned out it was in the middle of the Central vision zone or some shit so was new windscreen time through insurance. When the guys came round to replace the screen we discovered two large patches of rust under the plastic cover at the bottom of the window so no new screen till that was fixed.

For the last month the car has been out at Tama Autos slowly being fixed and is now on the home stretch havent got photos just yet but will get some soon. Hopefully the car will be finished by the end of this week or early in the new year

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AE8SIX

Updatage timeage

The car is finally on the home stretch after a lot of waiting my boy Reo at Tama is on the last stage of the panel work which is fitting the Flares once this is done she will be a ruthless street machine again :twisted:

Anyway heres some photos for all you nosy cunts like me

Picture0159.jpg

Picture0157.jpg

Picture0152.jpg

Picture0155.jpg

Picture0153.jpg

Picture0151.jpg

Sorry about the quality but only had my mobile for photos. Most of the primed patches you can see were bits that had to be cut n welded. As you can also see even at full stretch the guards are still way to small to cover the mighty 9" wide wheels

• 2 weeks later...

Right so cars just about done now just needs WOF then the fun begins anyways heres some pics

Picture0163.jpg

Picture0164.jpg

Picture0165.jpg

Picture0166.jpg

Picture0167.jpg

Sorry again for quality but no digi camera at the moment

FUCK YEA finally got the car back from the beaters so happy. Went about installing the suspension only got one front strut done as the standard tyres were to fat and rub against the strut anyway enuf shit here are some pics

PICT0398-2.jpg

PICT0399-2.jpg

PICT0400-2.jpg

PICT0401-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well this time Ive made some more head way the race engine I brought all that time ago has finally been installed. Still not running but not far off on the to do list are:

1. Finish mounting and installing oil cooler

2. Put radiator back and finish the little things that need doing

3. Fill gearbox with oil

4. Start shut eyes and hope for the best :?

5. Get new exhaust made up

6. Get diff installed and get cert

PICT0001-1.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003-1.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

Well after a lot of pissing around its finally alive and sounds angry as but at the same time sweet as a nut. Started first pop so am absolutely stoked and will be going to get the exhaust sorted tomorrow then CERT with in the next week or so am so happy and very satisfied