blakamin's 1971 Mercedes 230

blakamin

The Plan.. Old Merc, low and black... whitewalls, tints, maybe bags eventually.... a plate thats suits her... Old School!

The old bitch is the same age as me... this was when I saw it on trademe (4 or 5 weeks ago)

picture1149iy8.th.jpg

Next I got her off the boat (came from Nelson a full seven friggin days later)

img1094nq2.th.jpg

Then took her home with all my plans in my head but my daughter got there first!

img1119kz7.th.jpg

Then I got into it... Tinted it in the first week, cut the front... was 80mm at the crosmember and the exhaust was lower so I lifted her a little... couldn't get the jack out.

Changed the bonnet, cut out some rust and began the flat-black-one-panel-at-a-time-until-i-get-some-money theme

img1160fv7.th.jpg

img1159zv1.th.jpg

img1157yd5.th.jpg

Now... 3 or 4 weeks later... dumped the arse too but not too much as I sometimes drive around with 56kg of tools in the boot.

img1209rl7.th.jpg

img1206vq3.th.jpg

img1207ny5.th.jpg

will update as I go...

Discussion: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/21046-blakamins-71-mercedes-of-doom/?hl=merc

My little stick (coz I haven't got a console yet and the original looked too long... until I saw the youtube thread :? )

But when I do, it'll look better

img1341xe6.th.jpg

img1340pe7.th.jpg

img1342wk5.th.jpg

and my new stickers :D

img1337ij0.th.jpg

img1336xo5.th.jpg

EDIT: I gotta respray my boot properly!!! (stupid cans but thats all ya can do when ya get $15 a week to spend on our car)

img1338go4.th.jpg

Might change the black one for another silver yet... it's pretty stealth...

img1339et8.th.jpg

• 1 month later...

Made a few changes... cut the tail muffler off and went a bit "seedy-al" on it...

img1492fn5.jpg

then I got sick of the oil bath air filter and all the holes in its connections that were suckin in sand and shit... and I couldn't fit ram-flo's on withou cutting a hole in the bonnet

$36 at ripco

I know it looks gay, but it works

img1493fk5.jpg

a coupla changes to mine... bumpers, floor stuff, console (but I gotta get some vinyl dye) and a real interior light. interior doesn't look that bad in daylight without the flash tho...

img1523vb6.jpg

img1524bd0.jpg

img1525li7.jpg

img1526yc1.jpg

img1527kg6.jpg

and it better than the way it was

dsc02695yf5.jpg

and I wont be using a plasma to cut the other thing up coz it lives in Orkland

so it will be a Partner (now owned by husqvarna) concrete saw with a steel cutting blade :twisted:

HC210-0001_huge.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

OK... re-painted arse-end last week and have also taken another inch out of the suspension in the rear... just about to pass wof when I weld up sum shit in the end of a sill in the morning... photos tomorrow... only thing it failed on

got alarm and 50% central locking too :P

• 2 weeks later...