NewGuy's 1975 Triumph Dolomite

NewGuy

Spent an afternoon checking over the brakes on the car and the general under body.

Found the Diff Seal is leaking so i got to keep my eye on the oil in here etc, for now i might make up some metal to catch all the oil spray from the diff to stop it going all over underneath the car.

I got the brakes working alot better and got some new front pads, and some shoes re shooed for the rear.

I havent fitted these yet.

I guess i should have.

I went for a WOF Yesterday and Failed, on things i kinder knew i was going to fail on.

Upper Ball Joint which i have just sent to a Auckland engineer that re builds the ball joints for All of BNT repcos etc etc. They also do tie rods etc. So hopefully that one is sorted out.

A Bulb in the Rear for the Number plate light, which i had two of and one was not going. Replaced this yesterday.

And my adjustable suspension, which i will most likly put the rear adjusties and lowering springs in and get it certified.

But everything else was great they could not find any other faults etc, had trouble matching up numbers etc, but my main reason for going to the VTNZ was to get my Brakes checked out.

And they are mint as.

That is all, will have another update soon

Had a Gay as day today, dropped the rear suspension out last night.

Dropped it into Tyremaster with the lowering springs.

Which dropped the rear down nicely.

Cost me $12 to get it call changed over.

I am not gunna put the rear adjustables in as they would make no difference in the ride height of the car and i carn't buy them off the shelf cheap.

I can buy standard ones cheap as chips.

So yea sits nicely though im sure its higher one side than the other.

Don't know how i could have fucked which way the shocks went etc

Gunna have a better look tomorrow, and put the new balljoint it.

Should be all ready to get certed and WOF

Hopefully the motor will last gunna finally get my mechanic to have a look and have a spanner as uncle jake would say.

I will update tomorrow with pictures etc........

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus Well i did not update with pics or shit did i.

Just passed my Wof this morning Yeya

Didn't have to get a LVC as i found some shocks for the front and rear with springs all assembled which i won for $30 So yea didn't cost as much as i thought it was going to cost to get on the road.

Mean So i Gota Huge :D On my dial.

Legals

• 1 month later...

So after i got the wof all the adjusties went back in, the car is so much nicer and tighter to drive etc.

Thinking about tightening up the daily.

Also took the mechanical fan out and put in a electric one, to help solve my heating problems, it sort of helped as i knew i had good air flow, but i am still having problems, i am going to get the car Gasket checked this week.

Gas in the water etc.

And then see whether the head comes off again, Most likely it will.

Check the water pump etc also.

Pics

Old out

December2007002.jpg

December2007004.jpg

New in

December20070022.jpg

Underdash On/Off Switch

December20070032.jpg

Been Driving it heaps though

Details?

Hmm its not really that bad, still drives fine etc would have been doing about 10Kmph when i hit the armco wall thing.

Was just going to fast bad tyres lock up and i just slid, hit the armco at the light level so the front driver wing is fucked, fully.

Bumper fucked just below the lights, front panel where the lights are all fucked, my door can open but is like real tight cause of the front wing being pushed back. so new panels i need is front driver wing and new front end basically.

Will take pics tonight and post up,

Grinder out this weekend to take the panels off i guess.

Fully fucking gay