Toyopet's Toyota Corolla KE26 Wagon "CREAMN"

TOYOPET

so as you may know by now, i am reshelling the ke.

this morning just went and bought a 2 door ke36 wagon. :shock: this has been my dream car since i bought my first car. cost me $800!!!

it came with two tail gates, ones pretty rusty, 2 bonnets both mint, an extra door as one of them is rooted, 2 grills, rego till july! came with 4k adn 4 speed, but they arent in it. both front guards are brand new, one has been a bit squashed so doesnt fit perfectly but thats easily fixed and also chrome hinges for both doors and tail gate.

so got home, and went down to buy some bog and primer etc, ordered my paint!!!

its going to be a metallic charcoal / gun metal grey colour.

the car is pretty fucken mint, only surface rust is in the back, its mostly ready to paint apart from guards to be sanded. one dent under tail lights that just needs popping out.

also came with brand new tail lights for it.

i got a few photos so ill post them up when i get a moment.

so the next couple of weeks will be prepping adn paint etc then motor swap etc.

Discuss: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/19883-trd-chicks-ke-wags/?hl=creamn#entry512609

heres some pics of when we picked it up!

the black door thats on it is prety fucked, real rusty etc, so the door u can see in the boot will be the one we use. also in the last pic u can see how the dude squashed the guard a bit... didnt line it up properly, then open door onto it...

idiot.

100_1421.jpg

100_1420.jpg

100_1419.jpg

100_1418.jpg

so. primered up the wagon on the weekend, and just put some of the paint on two window jams to see what its going to look like, also did the boot jam too. is looking quite sexy.

altho the primer shows up all the imperfections in the car... just a few small pin dents and that lovely big dent in the back left. pretty good tho for a car thats had 16 owners.

havent done the front of the car yet, as my bonnets going to needa bit of work and one guard is bent, also the mint tail gate is yet to be sanded and put on, same with both doors.

100_1434.jpg

100_1433.jpg

100_1439.jpg

the only guide coat we had left hahahaha

100_1441.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

anywho on another note next update as follows:

last week - seats arrived, looking mint and incredibly comfortable, figured out how we are going to mount them etc.

weekend, got the two rear windows out, fixed the dent at the back, popped out pretty easily actually which was awesome. sanded back the 6 bog spots where pin dents were fixed, pulled the front seats out,sanded the tailgate down.

next mission is to swap the guard from my sedan to the wagon as one of the guards got munched by the previous owner. (he couldnt make it fit so took a grinder to it :shock: ) fit the new tail gate, and get the bonnet panelled. also bare metal that dam door, (or find another thats mint)

so im looking for chrome for the bonnet and the chrome that goes along the top of windows etc.

will get pics up once theres more exciting stuff happening.

• 1 month later...

well lots has happened...

we have fully stripped the car now, no windscreen no interior...

all suspension and brakes is sorted... its pretty low already, havent put my wheels on it so it will be super low once its put back together.

panelbeater comes tomorow... will get pics of finished product.

will keep u posted...

oh BTW engine bay is being done again!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

insides all painted...

sneak preview of colour with crap picture quality and shit flash in dark shed:

Carhalfdone1.jpg

Carhalfdone8.jpg

Carhalfdone5.jpg

the colour we reckon is the same as the new s15 gun metal grey colour.

like this:

http://www.yokohamatire.jp/yrc/japan/wh ... car_01.jpg

or this

http://www.monkys.jp/e/img/200DSC50000.jpg

exciting huh!!! :D

oh and did i mention the pearl in my engine bay??? NO?

oh well... yeah painter played around with a slight pearl in there, didnt get to see all of it, he had masked it up, but yeah... looks.... shiny.... hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well, ive spent the last 2 weekends doing 10 hours each day on my car at bfs workshop... well i helped, he did ALOT of the work himself...

so we've made my full exhaust system, including gaskets etc all ready to bolt up, cept im missing the bolts for my headers and exhaust manifold, so cant bolt it all up yet.

also have mounted seats etc, to existing holes but didnt use original seat rails.

have painted all my interior bits black to match the black dash that has been put in as well.

pics:

started of as 2 meters of straight 2.5inch pipe, now fits perfectly under the car doesnt hit anything.

100_1673.jpg

100_1662.jpg

Seat mounted:

100_1676.jpg

oh yeah i got my bonnet on now too.... :D

100_1671.jpg

100_1674.jpg

100_1675.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

only waiting on brakes now!!! and then need a battery to get the bitch started. then back to workshop to get my back bumper mounts re fitted., thats no biggy tho, ive gotten used to no bumper on the back... :twisted:

had novus come ova to put my windscreen in and they broke it :evil: so just replaced it with a brand new one for cost price.

just took some pics before i came back 2 work!!!

(P.S please excuse my shit oldschool sticker on the side, the bitch was ripped in 2, so went on crooked as hehehehe)

enjoy! :)

100_1714.jpg

100_1715.jpg

100_1716.jpg

100_1717.jpg

100_1718.jpg

• 2 months later...

UPDATE TIME!!!

Car is now running mint finally

Went for warrant and only failed on front right brake line and thats it.

lots of things needed before it will be mint, e.g re upolster back seat, carpet, stereo, etc

but atleast its drivable now.

drove it back from Nga on tuesday, goes quite well, really responsive, cept speedo is out by 20 k at 100kph so alot of pissed off cunts from nga to horotiu hahahaha

will get pics after i have given it a wash etc!!!

• 2 months later...

havent really updated this in quite some time...

so.... now has back bumper on...

all new door rubbers and boot seal are on

have just ordered new carpet for her

have made new panels for the boot and back seat area has new door cards with 6 x 9s mounted in them

slowly getting the front cards re done as well just gotta cover them in the next few days

head unit and 12" sub in there as well

next on the agenda is to get exhaust re built as 2.5" is just too big, got ownd by a standard 626 (early 90's model) so clearly no back pressure in there hahaha

will get some pics up as soon as poss

that was all :D

• 2 weeks later...

so heres some pics from today...

new exhaust on,

one more door card to attach to car

wire up front speakers

new carpet to go in on weekend...

then basically car is finished according to my original goals etc...

need to recover back seat yet...

enjoy

100_1934.jpg

100_1935.jpg

100_1938.jpg

100_1939.jpg

sub and boot card thing

100_1936.jpg

rear door cars

100_1937.jpg

100_1940.jpg

tried to get pics of exhaust.

basically its just 2 mufflers and rear muff and 2 inch all the way thru thanks to Spencer. cheers

100_1945.jpg

100_1944.jpg

100_1943.jpg

and to all the comments on my car not being low enough....

100_1947.jpg

in the back ground is my wheel... if i do go anylower its actually going to be near impossible to drive over / in and out of stuff....

• 1 month later...

OH HEY BOES!!!!!

Just a quick sneaky peaky of what happened to my car today thanks to Spencer!!!

not really as low as expected but im really happy with it...

111mm clearance from top of mag to start of wheel arch/guard at front and 112mm in back...

about 150mm of the ground....

15's will look fannytastic when i get some...

pic:

2-1.jpg

will get better pics when i get my new shocks and roll it outside.

better be well appreciated cunts. :lol:

• 3 months later...

shit me, found this on Page 3 of the project threads!!! hahaha anywho... not much to say... got a brand new grill never been removed from the plastic for $20... stoked.

100_2085.jpg

100_2087.jpg

the one without the badges is the new one.

100_2086.jpg

cant rally tell how mint it is in pictures, but i put the badges on and down graded it hard hahahaha

but ALSO... tried to take pics of the new dent i got... but they came out shit, stuff was all reflected in the paint and stuff... but this shows his foot print on my window...

100_2080.jpg

you get the idea :cry: