Enigma's 1973 toyota corona RT84

enigma

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got some new rims on it finally. Had 17in momos that didnt look to good on it for ages. Dumpd it a bit more but probly will drop it another 2in in the back and front. Got pinkyd a week ago so have to sort that shit first.

Also just brought a 12a for it so thats getting ported and reconditioned at the mo and should be in in the next few weeks. Will try and keep it updated.

Brap Brap

lowronalt3.th.png

• 3 months later...

Took a quick pic 2nite to put up.

About to pull engine out. Have 5spd celica box with an adapted rx2 bellhousing on it that will go directly in. Will get a crossmember made up by a guy i no using a dummy 12a to check positioning etc.. Should have my engine back from being ported and reseald this coming weekend then we are all go to get it in and running.

To the certification question in the discussion. Will get it all certed after the engine is put in. wanting to get it certed for no bonnet etc. hoping to wake up wellington whenever i go out at nite. haha gota love it.

p9030051vv5.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

found out the 4 barrel that it came with wont fit past the brake booster....!! gutted. so i'll either have to put the brake booster in the boot and get a vacuum powered one.. or.. get an I.D.A, which is fat cash or sideys... dont know what to do. ideas????

• 3 weeks later...

Car is being taken up to the rotor mechanic this sat to get everything finished.

Wanting to go with a straight through exhaust with a resignator that has flanges either end so i can blot it in and out when i want to be loud or not so loud.

"Quite keen to 4-link the rear end. Has any1 done a 4link b4? Whats involved? Have seen the kits that are on trademe etc... Look quite basic?"

• 4 weeks later...

Have sum pics but they r pretty shit quality, lost my digi cam so thats fukin annoying. neway...

Up on jack stands all round so exhaust, gearbox crossmember etc can be fabricated.

uponlifteq5.th.png

Pic of under the car. The extractors r super long running from engine to about under front seat.

extractorskb9.th.png

And finally a pic of the engine semi bolted to the mounts. engine is sat way fowards as to avoid a few problems. like carb avoiding brake booster. gearbox tunnel not having to be cut to shreds. etc..

onmountshy6.th.png

• 3 weeks later...

All up and running now. Pretty rowdy. Need a cert wof and reg but ill suss that next year. Also need to rejet my carb to get it to idle mint. Any1 know anything about that?

p1150055be7.th.jpg

Pic of the engine bay. Guy did a mint as job on the crossmember.

p1150056mb1.th.jpg

Also have a new front on it. Looks heaps better then the other 1. More oldschool.

p1150058dm9.th.jpg

Pinks my favourite colour anyway.

Swt as thats it for now gna try ad get a video up. Ne questions let me know.

Loud n Low

• 1 month later...

In absolute need of a tune. Have just put a 48mm ida on it but the jets are a bit too big for what the engine likes to run.

Things to do: Suss the tuning of the ida. May have small vacuum leak somewhere??..

Run a handbrake because the old one will not work because cableing interfers with exhaust, driveshaft etc.. Has any1 ran one inside under the carpet?? Ideas wuld be awesome..

CERT.

WOF.

myrotaqs7.jpg