Loceda's MS75 crown coupe

Camel

I Was bored and thought id put a few pics of the old girl up.

Its a 1975 toyota crown deluxe, i bought it standard with a blown auto and converted it to manual. Then proceeded to get it a testing station wof before trailering it up to auckland and getn air bags put in it just before xmas. Was a good cruiser over the new year, but i made the mistake of not watching the road while driving with down quite low and managed to smash my gearbox x member quite badly. managed to press it back into shape (sort of) and sorted another gearbox mount (as the original one split) from a later model crown, so it is back on the road, but i am planning a bare metal respray as the paint is absolutely shit house crazy cracked big time. Anyways there it be, will post some better pics when i find them

DSCN0063.jpg

3d369ec1.jpg[/img]

• 1 month later...

Just thought id do a bit of reminising bout the old girl.

Heres some pics of the day i picked it up from napier, was

a good trip. Got so many strange looks from people on the way

home goin what the f**k is that and what the f**k is towing it haha.

smaller9.jpg

smaller10.jpg

And this is why you dont tow a car on a dolly with a lowered car,

the dolly was bottoming out heaps, in and out of petrol stations,

over big bumps, but oh well, hirepool can deal with it!

smaller11.jpg

This is it on teh trailer with a brand new testing station wof and

5 speed conversion... bout to get the suspension raped out of it.

smaller7.jpg

poor old commy wagon suspension struggling hard

smaller8.jpg

Pulled all the suspension out and sussing how to get it as low as possible, took some thought and planning

smaller1.jpg

Front lower arms after we attacked them with an angle grinder and a welder, cut to cut them down to allow for bag height when fully compressed

smaller12.jpg

practise lay out after fitting the bags, to see how low it was guna go. Almost contemplated doin major surgery to rear to make it sit on ground but decided this was enough

smaller4.jpg

smaller3.jpg

smaller2.jpg

Chucked it back up on axle stands and ran all the air hose, wiring, gauge line n shit through it then mounted valves, tank and compressor and plumbed everything up.

Finished product. Had a few minor air leaks which i took care but apart from that the whole thing came together quite nicely, just in time for xmas/new years. All those weekends hard at it finally paid off.

smaller5.jpg

small2.jpg

small3.jpg

smaller6.jpg

small5.jpg

• 1 month later...

So its been a while n i thought id post some project pics of the panel n paint. Iv stripped pretty much all of it back and am just taking all the chrome, handles, front, lights, taillights etc off so i can finish stripping it and start on panel etc

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

• 11 months later...

Yea so its been fukn ages since ive posted anything on the poor old girl. Basicly I had about three panelbeaters agree to do the work, so id wait for them to ring me to bring it in and they'd fukn flag on me, which got to me in the end so ive decided to flag shiney show car panel n paint and as of late have decided to take a completely differant tack and turn it into a sorta classic/mildly boso race car. My plans are wide as fuk 15s, tight suspension (which includes ditching the air bags etc but dont worry they are going to good use) and throwing a 2JZGE and W55 combo in and hopefully running some ITBs a bit later down the track. As for the panel I think ill just cut n patch the rust then paint it a satin colour and leave it at that for the mo. Fuk, life story.

Anyway heres some pics of test fitting some 15 x 10s off a camaro, stick out a little bit too far but with the meke cardboard flare look pretty epic i think

DSCN0035-1.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0031-1.jpg

DSCN0028-1.jpg

DSCN0017-1.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0016-1.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

More progress soon hopefully. ha

• 2 years later...

so with going overseas and buying millions of other cars this poor thing has sat neglected for ages now. BUT...

As soon as I clear some space in the shed I plan on bringing it down and cracking back into it. It needs a fair amount of rust removal and im still undecided on what I want to do with it haha. I have contemplated cutting up the chassis and running soarer double wishbone subframes but who knows, im always changing my mind haha