Crispymk2's mk2 1970 cortina

crispymk2

Hi, I was refered to this site by my bro who has just moved back to Paraparaumu. I originally come from there and thought i'd check this site out cause i might be coming back at some stage.

I'm admin for a car club over here, i live in Perth, Western Australia so getting to your cruises might be an issue but heres my car neway.

PIMPCruise1008.jpg

broken down (ded clutch) on a cruise

PIMPCruise1054.jpg

getting fixed. Full performance rebuild, 1300 hi-comp pistons, A2 cam, gt crank, proted head, oversized valves, gt carby etc etc. Oh and new hd clutch kit too.

cca351a7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, haven't posted for a while.... uni etc = mad busi

Well the rebuild went well, hell more power, be around 114bhp - getting dyno soon.

Had a set back couple of weeks ago while trying to wake the neighbors by leaving first in a cloud of tyre smoke at 7500rpm + my poor gear changing skills = hit the gate and blipped to 9

Killed 2 exhaust valves and bent 4 push rods = gutted etc

then after my mechanic fixed that for hell good deal (no labour cost stz) my alternator all but fell off while driving down the freeway...

heres the remains... literally fell apart when undoing bolts. Obviously didn't like the hideously high revs etc being commonwhore spec and all...

brokenalt.jpg

All good now with rally spec Lucas 65amp beasty, might try to take sum new car pics one day, maybe...

• 2 years later...

Man I miss driving this thing... Sold it to my mum to help get the deposit for a house, parked in her shed a couple of hours out of town and havent had time to get out there.

Couple of changes since last time new yellow top ultima battery and another new alternator among some other bits and pieces...

Fairwell photo shoot:

frontangle04.jpg

Front01.jpg

Frontangle01.jpg

Photochopd this one to where she should have been sitting...

Lowered.jpg

Fender.jpg