certs for belts?

Guest freedz

Guest freedz

Went in for the new vin and lvv yesterday for the 2liter in the eski.

Everything went through the vin no probs he just wanted the lvv certer to go over the engine mods mounts etc new seats & belts and afew other things.

Anyway everything flew through no probs even the spare tyre holder i welded up under the boot, but when it came to my seatbelts for the front he said id need to put em back to where they originally were mounted at the side of the front seat.

As theyre now retractable ones they simply wont fit unless my seat is way forward, and i need the legroom.

I dont know what the deal is as i put 6mm plates down and reinforced the underside of the floor and mounted to that its probably the strongest part of the car now! but he said because the roller isnt directly below the top belt holder its no good!

The belt is retracting fine and locks perfect no probs there.

so whats an avenue of attack i can take do i need to go to a non retractable belt? like original? i dont like them , but theyll alow me to adjust my seats back and the belt will clear as it has no roller poking out from the side.

Im not allowed harnesses unless im in a car club and do 2 events and some other shit but im a bussy man and i havent got the time or money (my missus wont let me) so whos done a belt job on a mk1 2door? any help will be fantastic i go in this monday for the lvv plates hes already applied for them he trusts ill do the work so ive gotta get it done pronto.

Guest freedz

Just to twist the knife, even though i changed my tyres and the gearbox and diff when i went to get the speedo checked for its accuracy it was only 3% from true so if it wasnt for the belt id have all my certs! and id be out on the open road.

bloody good someone posted a link which lead me to a table that had diff ratios and car models with expected road speeds so i just got the nearest match and prayde it would work out and it did the guy was in shock when he told me how close the speedo was.

He was all giddy and talking about how quick it is and how well it handels pisses me off i cant drive it round leagally!