jkp13's bugeye starlet

jofish

hi there, been lurking here for a while thought it was time to make a project thread

this is my starlet.Its the xl model so it comes with extras like air-con, lusher interior, elec ignition etc. I bought it de-registered probably about a year ago when it looked like this

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

can't really tell from the photos but it had quite a bit of rust, think it had been used as a paddock car before i bought it. It had both rear guards fully rusted out, rust in a-pillar, roof, around windscreen, in doors, rear sills etc. So ended up spending quite abit getting this all fixed and getting it re reg'd.

I did a manual conversion and installed a trd lsd with a 4.3 c&p and it went heaps better

IMG_2403.jpg

I then finished getting the front struts converted into coilovers, running shortened strut tube, 250lb spring, ep70 shocks

IMG_3269.jpg

Then i installed the coilovers and just cut the rear springs (temporary) will get some custom springs made up soon.

Wheels are Hayashi Command, 13x7 +2 in the front and 13x8 -10 in the rear.

IMG_3275-1.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

The wheels rub pretty bad, nowhere near tucking in the rear. Tried to find some 165/55/13 nankangs but don't think you can get them in nz.

So i ordered some 175/50 yokohama a539's and plan on getting them fitted to these rims

15012010.jpg

13x7 +7 and 13x8 0offset hayashi street fins, so should fit a bit better.

hope you guys like it

joseph

• 2 months later...

so managed to find some 175/50/13 tyres on trademe. So got those fitted up to the fins, thanks to chris (CUL8R) at firestone.

Then cut the rear springs some more and wound down the front struts.

IMG_3585.jpg

Finsnightpic.jpg

oh and here's some photos of interior set up just nardi, omori tacho and period style go kart seat

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

getting pretty sick of not driving it round so going to try to get cert in next few weeks

hopefully all goes smoothly

• 2 months later...