Fagoffs hotter 73 HQ

fagoff

Finally made progress with my HQs 186 motor.Ive had the head ported, put a weber manifold and a second hand ,34 ADM twin port weber carb on. had the cam machined, more lumpy ,fitted freeflow extractors ,removed the resonator muffler, so I can hear it all better and changed the tyres to 205 ,14s for better road handling. I really wanted a manual choke, but couldn't find one when I needed it, will need to fiddle with this ones auto choke to get it working better.

We used the existing accelerator linkage  to run the carb which still needs a bit of work to get it working 100 %.

Over all I am happy with progress just needs some tinkering to get it all working better. Sounds like a v6 when its idling now.

There is more useable power now ,with a bit more to tap into.

• Like 1

I'm getting the HQ linkage changed to a cable setup which will make carb work properly.I acquired a weber round air cleaner which had the round mounting  hole  ,so I managed to alter the opening to fit my weber carb.its the chromed type which looks good I think. engine has definitely got some more get up and go now.Ill try and put some pics on.

• 1 month later...