Bens 19## Mysterious Hanmer cruiser

mrjza70

Something a bit different n hope admin approve althoughs this bends some of the usual criteria. Dont worry Ill post photos up once finished (Hopefully in time for Hanmer)

On Monday the 3rd of August I purchased a fine older vehicle in the idea of a project for hanmer, Baring in mind I'm not a mechanic I think I've bitten off a bit much but with the time counting I've got 19Days 21hrs to go till my 9AM depature time for the best weekend of festivities known to man.

List of repairs for said beast

6 Rust repairs

Panel beating

Prepping 

Painting

Rear brakes

Blown head gasket

Complete reaasembly of the shitbox

New wheels

Lowered

Anything else it fails legalities on.

For those who care ill keep this post updated the best I can, will accept questions if people want to try guess the car.

• Like 5

So after a weekend of realising that some muppet has owned this car along the way we had a few issues ranging from missing exhaust studs to missing parts in the cam area (lets not give too much away.

Main points are in a fair few hours work carried out by me and my best mate we've achieved the following so far

Head removed cleaned and skimmed (By professionals not my sanding block).

Engine is 90% reassambled just waiting on new Dizzy O-ring.

Radiator was stuffed so tracked down a new one n jammed a sneaky road trip to collect it.

Rear brakes removed and ready to be rebuilt tomo once parts arrive.

Rear end has been lowered a few inch's hopefully, well its still on stands atm but fingers crossed.

Loose steering sorted.

New rims arrived today after another mate collected them on his weekend roady.

Fingers crossed if we can get brakes done tomorrow night and finish off engine I'll be able to take it for a quick highly illegal trip around the block and then its onto the panel and paint.

I'm having to divert some funds to the Supra (For a WOF/Reg) as its looking like my secret project won't be done in time but Ill keep doing my best but need to make sure i can at least have something fun/legal to drive even if its not Old School :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally after moving all my cars into a workshop and not a 40ft container i can get some work done after a slow 9 months of 40ft dungeon hell. Car will be going for a WOF next week and should make it to hamner this year despite being a year behind schedule.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...