Kirk28's 1984 Toyota Crown GS126 wagon

kirk28

So I bought a 120 crown wagon- always wanted one - discussion here

I live in Australia and the plan is to do this up and use for when I'm home... it's parked at my parents garage next to this:

btDDTk9.jpg

so heres the latest Nippon oddball

20IspeF.jpg

inCqjty.jpg

F9S5cU8.jpg

It's a bit scruffy so will have to get rust done and repainted - am thinking of doing a two tone theme that was available on the higher spec models (this one is a Super Deluxe)

UJhmhBm.jpg

GxVhASf.jpg

DaLPgdo.jpg

Also the !GEU that we call know can't pull a sailor off his sister needs to go, whats the easiest cheaper re-power option here?

I just want it as a cruiser -- reliable and easy to register if I ever brought it over here to Aus.

2J?

Also not a huge fan of the poly bumpers ... long shot anyone know of one of these sitting around rotting? would like to do the dual round headlight conversion PLUS the chrome bumpers ala:

ve1Hbhv.jpg

b8tGL0c.jpg

If I can't source from Yahoo JPN or in NZ, I might whack on a MS123 front (plenty here in Aus)

Ir2bLrZ.jpg

also after a set of the S120 Crown Alloys:

d12gpSf.jpg

any parts for a GS120; LS120 MS120 etc i'm interested please let me know...

cheers

• Like 2

Ok while trawling through the google.co.jp image gallery I came across this -  something i've thought about-  woodgrain finishing the plastic on the dash - (my deluxe version has black plastic over the very square dash - suprised Toyota didn't make the steering square as well), The more upscale crowns have colour coded panels instead but I think this would look mint...and a Jap Crown owner has allready done it;;

CpDEvKh.jpg

Here's what it looks like - pretty good I reckon

m5FJLPC.jpg

Have bought a woodgrain tool off TM,,,, here's a Vid of how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=woodgrain+on+plastic+tool

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have decided to go with a 1GGZE as it will be a piece of cake to install...Not looking for massive power etc, but nicer to cruise in - also has that '80's retro feel.  Thing is where to find one, there is one on ebay atm but in Oz,. who knows how much to get back to NZ, anyone know where I can get a 1GGZE from?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JDM-Toyota-1G-GZE-engine-from-Crown-with-automatic-transmission-/331583399081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4d33e924a9

• 1 month later...