Gomaxgo's Mazda B1600

Gomaxgo

Ahoyhoy!

I bought a ute yesterday, not just any ute but the formidable and iconic B1600! A staple within the NZ car scene.

12A's, guide coats and camo door cards often spring to mind, luckily for me this one has been kept in an original unruined condition by a fellow OS member.

Thats about to change.... 

IMG_0719_zpsbwpcarpi.jpg

IMG_0720_zpstmp22rsp.jpg

IMG_0721_zps0ighcr3r.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Well they're on the ute now. Leaves will be out in the weekend to be reset, it desperately needs some low! 

The front wheels poke out a little. Im not really sure what my best option is here, theres no room to move the center for more + offset, and im not keen to run those rubber universal fender extenders.

Option #1 - Roll the shit out of them? The bodys already dented a rusty so could definitely pull off a rough guard look

Option #2 - Some wide flares of another truck that will suit the later model guards?

Option #3 - ???????

IMG_0792_zps1xxrwvoe.jpg

IMG_0791_zpstlohkc32.jpg

IMG_0793_zps7u5libe0.jpg 

Give me your guard thoughts! http://oldschool.co....gos-b1600-yarn/

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

This week i started applying some of the door signage. I had a friend sign writer make me up some stencils, and another buddy mix up some paint.

IMG_0751_zps89hfnyzf.jpg

I ended up brushing it on and will buff it in a week or two to get it thin and patchy in spots. 

IMG_0796_zpsmf2750xy.jpg

IMG_0800_zpstu660536.jpg

IMG_0801_zps2jlxpsrc.jpg

IMG_0803_zps1yyf6e74.jpg

IMG_0804_zpsakckbsmk.jpg

Ill probably get someone to write either "salvage vehicle" or "recovery vehicle" in a semicircle underneath by hand, as my hands are shakier than Michael Fox eating jelly on a plane.

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well the time has come to let this thing go.

WOF + REG till march/april 

Its everything you would expect a 35 year old japanese ute to be, it has its flaws but its also been a super reliable truck that has never let me down.

firm on $3000, itll go on FB/trademe next week for a little more (as every punter wants to talk you down to get a deal).

thanks

• Like 1