Got a few more photos today...

IMG_8274_zps1dbd6538.jpg

IMG_8275_zps3827b7fe.jpg

IMG_8266_zpsba4143ac.jpg

IMG_8262_zps74ee265f.jpg

IMG_8271_zps27bdeb2e.jpg

IMG_8270_zps897a84e3.jpg

IMG_8269_zps8da948e6.jpg

As you can see, she's in a pretty sad state.

So this is my new cab...

IMG_8255_zps544472a0.jpg

IMG_8256_zps4a5a874b.jpg

IMG_8259_zps323d3732.jpg

Only rust is a few little pin holes in the floor. The vents even open and close still!

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Finally found some time and motivation to work on this. I transported my good cab out to my mates shed so we can start stripping it to bare metal. But first we had to strip all the remaining bits and pieces out of it and remove the LHD dash so I can fit the RHD dash from my rusty red cab. image.jpg2_zpsuqbhbqun.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsnkh8tlxs.jpg

image.jpg9_zpsk4ql4rlm.jpg

• Like 4

Just checked back through my thread and realized I've done a bit more than what my updates show. Will have to get some more pics to show some of the work I did on it last year.

I scored a complete, rust free, bare chassis off a friend and grafted in a Jaguar XJS front crossmember. I'm nowhere near finished, at the moment it's just tacked in place. Planning to run bags all round so I've set it up so when they're fully deflated the running boards are about an inch off the ground.

• Like 5

Today a mate and I spent the afternoon welding up all the little holes in the firewall. I've just done a rough count and we filled over 60 holes and still haven't done the lower kick panel. I've done a little bit of welding before and my mate had never tried so I showed him how and he ended up doing most of the welding, not bad for a couple of amateurs.

Before, resembling Swiss cheese:

image.jpg4_zpstlpmltud.jpg

And after looking much more clean shaven:

image.jpg2_zpsee4dg3jk.jpg

image.jpg5_zps2w5puukp.jpg

• Like 9