Emma's 1971 Datsun 1200 Coupe

RWB

• 3 months later...

Now that I'm back in NZ and the race is on to get this to Nats i thought i better get an update on here.

Drove it for a couple of weeks till the wof ran out and now time to rip into it.

First step was to get the driveshaft out and sort the horrendous vibration from rooted uj's (Markku and 10-5 can attest to how bad this was) so pulled these out on Thursday last week and Mint16 (good bastard!!) gave me some uj's over the weekend to press in which im doing tomorrow. As the driveshaft is shortened i should probably get it balanced too to stop the uj's slotting out so fast. Havent bothered doing this yet as too be honest it struggles to make it to 100ks.

Had mad yarns with Don (Mint16) tonight though about what is required to get it going as well as i can so a few things in the pipeline such as new diff, engine and wiring. Again most of you at nats this year know the wiring is my worst nightmare and has since nearly caught fire again. Nick m has a spare loom he's going to donate to me for this.

Have also purchased an a15 recently which will hopefully make it in before nats. Undecided weither I'm going to put it straight in or have a bit of a go at doing something cool with it yet.

Haven't worked out yet what sort have box is in it but have been told "if it's a 56a you're up shit creek for tryna get a 5 speed to fit" unsure what the logic behind it is but being LHD it's hydraulic clutch which is proving to be a pain in the ass and im tempted to convert it back to cable.

Anywho if anyone wants to give any advice or discuss what i should do feel free to make a discussion thread... Otherwise i'll just keep updating this. Sorry for the lack of photo's, will get some up on the next update.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Small update.... Uj's done, Wiring tidied up.

Pulled all of the wiring out and found the main loom to be fine, so rewrapped it and put new connectors in where needed and refitted. The wiring that was causing the problems seemed to be random wiring running down the left hand side of the car (not part of the loom) and did not seem to be connected to anything so just ripped this out.

Oh and it's getting a WOF today! Took it for the WOF on Friday and failed on rear brake hose leaking so brdflu being the absolute legend that he is fitted a spare one he had over the weekend and he's taking it back for the recheck today (I was away over the weekend so wasn't even able to help with this!)  

Pics coming soon!

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Finally a small update... 

New wheels are on... Hayashi Command 13x7 on front and 13x8 on the rear 

11903814_10200855512547846_8109754681854

Chin spoiler has arrived....

IMG_0904_zpsjwbitwzu.jpg

Hopefully will look like this... 

IMG_0900_zps7zgqr7y2.png

A15 engine stripped and new parts have arrived...

IMG_0687_zpsnyzrl06t.jpg

IMG_0914_zpslguaouot.jpg

Fender mirrors ordered... unsure of how they will look but will judge when they get here

Annnnnnnd the car is finally at the panel beaters to get the rust repaired so watch this space....

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...