Ricks 1986 Nz New Gx71 Daily Hack

TMC

So once getting Cressida back from Nelson. Started on buying some bits and bobs for it. Adjustable front and rear shocks. 14x8.5 AME mesh rims and 14x9.5 Volk mesh rims off Bairdy before he went to Japan. Brought woodgrain Nardi adjustable camber plates. And a rusty Ga61 1ggeu w55 for running gear.

Parted out Ga61 sold 1ggeu to Be4ver for his awesome find h/t twin cam Gx61. Converted Gx71 to manual once made myself new front driveshaft away laughing. Completely different car. Just used all stuff from donor Ga61. So started making few more things for the beast

Twin stainless 1.5" pipes

1_zpsdfd8edbc.jpg

ri3rkjmz2xk_zps58747541.jpg

Started customising my adjusties i brought off Fresh. Aka "The Sump draggers"

• Like 2

Also did fender mirror conversion no pics on that sorry. Just standard Gx61 fender mirrors. Brought new indicators headlights and grill

4my4u504.z3x.jpg

Had it up on hoist Sat morning to for twin pipes, pics to come. And dam got some bark now haha. Anyway back to story found out it has a f series Lsd. Next efforts are headlights grill swap and install front adjusties and rear trd shocks to get it 50-70mm off ground

• Like 1

Picture less update, brought some nz new mx73 leather interior and some other bits and pieces to tidy up some things on car, will be getting low next Fri taken day off work because its birthday and no better way to spend birthday is working on your own car or getting tattoos. So that will hopefully sort the guards, suspension and hopefully have rear rims polished and tubes fitted to rims all round. And thinking of putting muffler/resonator back in to exhaust as its ear bleeding loud hahaha

• Like 2

Put the front leather seats in. Drivers seat bit shabby but heaps better than original and will do till find better condition one. And factory manual centre console that had for years under the house.

24iim5os.r1l.jpg

• Like 1

So another year older what better way to celebrate by working on car. Got headlights and grill changed. Finished installing leather interior and put all interior back in from manual conversion. Test fitted front rims now got tubes sorted. Didnt get time to do guards and slam but soon. Here some pics

waqowwjk.xiq.jpg

fcq2jeoq.4hq.jpg

vn33lbmx.ur5.jpg

nocbxrya.c43.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...