Alex's 1979 Leyland Mini 1000ish

Wo0kie

Hey everyone

I basically have lurked on here forever, so have decided to take the plunge into something born before 1994

I just bought this 1979 Mini 1000, with a transplanted engine. (over exposed photos to come)

Y6IaunUh.jpg

(Bad boy/no fear sticker currently waiting for some acetone and a razor

After attempting to pick it up and failing, a new alternator found its way under the bonnet

5Rbw74kh.jpg

Currently it needs a new warrant, so i'll update with the list of things that need doing

FvuhvJ8.jpg

Cheers

Alex

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been slowly working on this as I learn how to do things/acquire tools

Got a new set of smaller tyres for the rear to solve a fouling problem, they look a bit nicer on the rim anyway

C4frJJ3l.jpg

Currently on the hunt for a replacement bushing for the engine stabiliser, as this one got a bit chewed

oOsSdE9l.jpg

Temporarily improved the overheating situation through examining the radiator to find the bottom hose only held on by hopes and dreams, so chucked it back in properly and it seems to be doing fine for now

Ml6koSNl.jpg

Oil in the water solidifies the fact this thing has a BHG, but it's something i'll deal with after I get a warrant

Next on the list is to adjust the brakes and try to repair the leaking fuel pump

sidenote, found out this was originally yellow, and has a cardboard dash

DODuYYrl.jpg

Cheers

Alex

• Like 1