Damz' VB210 Wagon

damz721

Hi guys have posted a thread before but it was all messy so have decided to post a new one

Discus please: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/38238-damz-vb210-wagon-discussion/

This is a quick overview of what i have done to the car over the last 6-8 months

Here is some pics of it the day i got it came with no wof/reg on hold, got it road legal and used it as a daily
mvc280s.jpg
mvc281s.jpg

Then decided to put an a15 in place of the a12
577002_10151303747323185_1621933033_n.jp
69727_10151303747833185_1097652690_n.jpg

Added some fender mirrors, a duckbill spoiler and gave the grill a paint and a got a NOS badge from ebay

20k3vya.jpg
34g24x1.jpg
9bbswg.jpg

The grille didn't last long as i found a sedan grille that i liked a lot better
56385610151606692868185.jpg

Sourced a 5-speed off trademe

Made a x-member out of a r32 skyline x-member, did my best not the most awesome fab skills as i am only learning but it will do. Stoked with the revs at 100kms dropping from 3.5 to 2.5

mvc010so.jpg
mvc011sj.jpg

Decided it was time to lower the front
Used b310 strut tops and cut one coil dropped it 40mm
Before
dattobefore.jpg
After
daato2.jpg
Sits slightly lower now after driving it around

And last week i started pulling bits and pieces off the old girl so she could get a 'wee' makeover ;)

imagewcu.jpg

Is now currently in the tedious process of getting it panelled for a full respray engine bay inside boot door jams etc..Am going to paint the window frames black

Also this photo here gives a indication of the colour it will be for those interested
imagehva.jpg

Got a bit excited with the whole makeover thingy so decided to get these
imageejto.jpg
They are en-route to New Zealand will take around 60-90 days though :|
13x6.5/7s Ssr MKII's

That is all for now, stay tuned for pics of panel&paint once that is complete and wheels have arrived i will look at engine modifications :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Been a while since i've updated!!

I Have quite a few photos of some of the prep work that has gone into this old girl, its been 6 months or so off the road now so many hours been spent on this i swear every panel was fucked had about 3-4 crashes at some stage, but shes all straight as and have used filler to a absolute minimum and all the rust has been cut out and treated, is booked in the paint shop for the 1/10/13 cannot wait for the finished car and be able to cruise her around in the summer like a wagon is built for!  :dance2: 

ekhp.jpg

67r4.jpg

l26d.jpg

lwu6.jpg

wuo1.jpg

oszv.jpg

41m9.jpg

zkck.jpg

boo7.jpg

6umu.jpg

• 2 months later...

Mmmm is this normal to stay up all night just tinkering away with ya car?? F*ck yeah it is, lovin' it!!! Coming along nicely, might take it out today for a drive for the first time in 8 months! Turned key before and the trusty old A12 light up straight away no smoke etc, So stoked with the results so far! 

av3ewh.jpg

1zd6sro.jpg

5ldo2x.jpg

qn460z.jpg

23k8652.jpg

MkII's going on next week hopefully just after some 13" tyres to suit, any suggestions?

Managed to fit the front lip and put some nolathane bushs in the front still have a few to do to make the steering feel better, this weeks mission will be to put the mirrors on(properly) and get my wheel nuts sorted for the mk2's heres a wee snap i got on the weekend credit to my friend looks good!

1477666_1388882771360344_1898966734_n.jp

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wheels on :-) , 185/60s wheels fit great other than front calipers will need some meat taken off them as rim fouls on them, have put in 3mm spacers for now..not exactly what i wanted but will have to do till i get it sorted asap.

4bid.jpg

Definitely needs to be lowered to make it look better, if anyone has ideas of how best to do this your opinion would be appreciated!

I currently have b310 strut tops in the front already which lowers the front 40mm, rest is all standard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...