Barn Rover SD1

kevlights

005-1.jpg

that brake shoe from hell a barstart of a design,did i say design ! nay give credit where credit is due , ist CRAP

004-1.jpg

only matched by the shit diabolical weirdness of the hand brake mecho

some barstard that made these must of escaped from a phyco shut down and got a job at BMC

Barstard Mechanical Crap

Took it for a drive in the Country to Wiapopo Reserve for work ,while the ute was being sorted with new tyres.

Rolls along quite smoothly ,the steering wheel is ginormous , far too big it has to go ! feels like driving a bus, seating position is to low ,saet cushions need work, might trough some old seapskins on there.

A couple of issues ,faults came to the fore ,cars central locking only works on the passengers side, it locks and unlocks the cars doors including drivers door but not the boot.

The keys i have will not turn the drivers door or the boot , but they are the correct keys for the car ,i suspected they were worn ,so after work ,took the key code from the car book and got two new keys cut $ 25 each !! sobs into beer no luk and down a 50 ,sucks.

Finally found the switch for the electric sliding roof , it does ! yeah, smooth as a babys and no rust ,not like the CRX we had, which had a double shovel full of poo in it.

Havent been able to find the leak ,that lets water into the spare wheel well, looks like a design defect, nothing a cobolt drill bit canot handle !

I will drill two holes in the bottom of the boot to let the leaky stuff out ,BMC get yu act together slack arse pricks

Further news from Rover Land the fuses are well hiden ,it must have some but where ?

Th instrument idiot lights are out in tewo critical areas ,so will have to figure out how to dig into its inards to replace them

There are plastic flaps in the tail of the hatch boot lid that let the air out of ther car.

I suppose they are to let the air out of the car, to stop the cabin being pressurised.

but thay act to suck water into the boot and turn the whole thing into stink ,musty gross ,soagy carpets any one ?

Im going to get my trusty cobolt drill set and drill two cunning secret holes in th lip of thboot lid to let this water escape.

Some of the original photos before i started putting the car to rights .

SIDEVIEWSDI.jpg

OPENHATCHSDI.jpg

OPENSUNROOFSDI.jpg

HALFSIDEVIEWROVERSDI.jpg

URL=http://s236.photobucket.com/user/fastfrogs/media/INSIDEVIEWFRONTSEATSDI.jpg.html]INSIDEVIEWFRONTSEATSDI.jpg[/url]

Its actually a damm fine car in good nick, there are a few issues as always with a car 30 years old ,but looks like ive got agood one,

I would like the front brakes to have more bite, or stopping power ,but im not too sure how to go about it , have checked the disc pads there is plenty of meat on them and the cast iron rotors are i n good condition , perhaps thats the way they where in 1983 ?

things to done so far , spark plugs ,high tension leads, rear brakes replaced,and double coil drum tension spring, engine oil and filter, Rego and WOF, extra keys,

things to do,

get the two screws that hold the brake drums on, they are munted, had to use ezzeouts to get them off,Butchers

001-3.jpg

get some SD1 Rover Mags Alloys ,some decent rubber,205/70/14, steering wheel off a sports model SD1 vitesse,

• Like 2