Drying a wet loom on car

Guest flyingbrick

Guest flyingbrick

Hi all.

Hamilton roads flooded too.

The gem is a trooper (had the back floating!) but our Nissan gets a little wet and has a tanty.

Car is now in garage ( only just fits due to length!) with fan heater and dehumidifier running... But what else could I do?

Guest 77magnum13hundy

Would you be able to get at the ecu (is it efi?) and throw that in HotWaterCylinder cupboard type place to dry. May not be relevant.

Guest flyingbrick

I need to look for the ecu but I don't think it's related. Basically we are getting engine check light, oil light, alternator light, headlights are permanently on park and wipers have a mind of their own. The control stalks do nothing- no indicators Etc. bastard thing

Guest Simon

Did the water come in the cabin?

Disconnect battery and go through the whole engine bay disconnecting all the pulgs and blowing them out with a dust gun. Do the same for the fuse boxes removing all the relays and fuses and blowing out the holders. Unscrew the holder boxes and blow from underneath too. Look for engine sensors because they are the important ones.

If you get it running without the checklight leave it running with the bonnet shut, heater / aircon on full and the dehumidifier in the cabin.

Cooking it in a spray booth wont do much because the water will be in the plugs.

• Like 2

Guest flyingbrick

No water in cabin. All fuse boxes etc seem dry- they the first things I tried.

We now have rear wipers, headlights and indicators working- garage must be close to 30 degrees and dehumidifier has pulled prob 5 litres of water from the Air. Shed is pretty well sealed... No massive holes.

Thanks all

Guest flyingbrick

Also- cars a 2001 Stagea. Quite possibly the biggest heap of shit ever sold by Japan.

I'd love to blow out some sensor plugs etc but the motor would have to come out to even find them

On the up side though- the wife would have looked super fucking classing rolling up to work in the gemini this morning

Guest flyingbrick

Well this was a win! Car was tested last night. No front wipers, no controll of headlights, no dash lights, no tail lights even tho headlights stuck on.

Left car in shed over night with heater and dehumidifier on-

Problem completely rectified.

Thank god for that!

So is there a product I can spray at the plugs to help seal them?

Guest k-trips

Well this was a win! Car was tested last night. No front wipers, no controll of headlights, no dash lights, no tail lights even tho headlights stuck on.

Left car in shed over night with heater and dehumidifier on-

Problem completely rectified.

Thank god for that!

So is there a product I can spray at the plugs to help seal them?

Spray CRC 5.56 errywhere on the electrics..

True story as it's a moisture displacer.