This has been a long time coming.

Have finally retrieved the wagon off the old alcoholic geezer down the road.

He imported it at 40,000kms and his goal was to do 300,000 in it before he sold it. That's just happened. The body has had a reasonably rough life but that doesn't phase me. I fecking love it.

The 1987 Toyota Mark II GX70 wagon!

It's heart is a 2y, 1800cc 4cyl manual with 340,000kms on the clock

I believe it's a w55 gear box but I'm sure someone will set me strait if I'm wrong!

Goals:

#Find the old girl a new pair of shoes, I am open to suggestions and offers, if you think you can help me out, I'm an apprentice chippy so I'm not looking to spend heaps! At this stage I think I'll have some 14" stealies widened, pretty deep and tyres stretched to suit.

#Slam the old girl,(I didn't know how else to word that but it sounds duuurty)

I'm after some help in this area too.... In regard to who to go through, what i need etc! Thanks to anyone who can help.

#A new heart..

As much as this engine has done well in its time I would love to replace it for a new slightly faster beating heart. Perhaps a 1ggze, 1ggte, 1jzgte. Again, when the time comes I'm well open to suggestions ideas, advice and most probably some help.

Issues:

When in reverse or taking off in first gear the car has a hella shudder going on. Issue fixed if clutch is ridden but obviously not ideal.

I've checked engine mounts and there fine. What else could this be? Cheers.

IMG_2129.jpg

Day She became mine - Day OneIMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

78371_300461916727121_1775309607_o.jpg

new 15" STEELIES on the right>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^

Gagging to be widended!!

This week hopefully, love-lady race cars will be receiving them and ill be getting a better idea of what I am getting back!

• 2 months later...

Right so

Lovelady took aaages to get back to me! Finally got the wheels back yesterday and the 20mm insert has been placed on the wrong side of the rim. =/

I am pretty dark but I cant afford to take em back and have em re done!

They still have a little dish, minimal though!

Anyway

tyres went on today and I went and chatted to some folks about lowering the old girl!

kind of confused as to how to go about it as i have had so much advice from different people its al become a blur !

the latest idea is to have some custom springs and shocks made up, but its looking quite pricey.

There has to be an easier cheaper way! Any ideas...! ?

Some pics of latest stuff!

• 1 month later...

Car is up for sale.

Lack of a place to work on the car and parents not being very understanding of the situation has left me with very few choices. Easiest one is to sell.

Reasonably high kms but taking in to account it's a toyota, general maintenance and she keeps running fine.

W55 gear box

2y engine

Compressed springs - captive!

Widend steelies

Comes with original wheels

Interior pretty damn tidy! Bar cracked glovebox cover.

If your interested

• 2 weeks later...

Wagon sold. Starlet sold

My lack of knowledge and space pushed me to buy something more reliable. In the future once I've got my own place ill get a project going.

For now, my daily is a 1jz toyota chaser 1996!

But that's not oldschool enough. So no more is said!