73 XA GT Replica Falcon 2nd go...

lowrota

Right 2nd time I will post without the shit that went with last time I had pics up.

73 XA GT Replica

351 Clevo with 2v Heads ported out to 4v ...

Gilmer Drive and Noisey Gear Drive.

Very aggressive Cam

Edelbrock Performer Manifold with Holley 670 Street avenger

Headers with 2 flowies

82 Fairlane LSD

245 eagers on 8 inch 12 slots,

Line lock kit

M&H Reclinable buckets... Comfy but not the GT look so these will be replaced

Some random ugly steering wheel.

Dash needs tidying up as a hole has been cut in it??

Body isnt to bad. Few bits of rust popping out at rear guards where its been rolled. No major body rust. Underneath is clean as a whistle rust wise.

Will panel and Paint next year.

First thing I did was new leads and sump. Sump plug was damaged from hitting something. New sump turned out to be chinese copy and didnt fit properly so now leaks oil out the front! Now have a mint original second hand one yet to fit. Also doing timing cover gasket as that has slight leak out the corner.

When I got car it had a Torker II Manifold which was causing a fair stutter when planted foot. Swapped to a dual plane performer manifold was alot better but stutter was still at low idle.

This weekend Hooked into pulling carby apart and checked out what jets etc she was running... Jets fine but no power valve. Did vacuum test and I found I needed a 3.5 power valve. So thats in and also a slightly larger nozzle for the primary shooter. All rekitted with new gaskets from the mighty US of ebay. Saved about 60 bucks getting a rebuild kit/power valve/Shooters and other various bit...

Have adjusted air/fuel mixture and holy shit its running very nice... Bugger all stutter but still slightly there. I think that the primary butterflys are open to much now but due to the cam profile I need them open to have her idling nicely . Need to flick her on the dyno now to get her perfect...

Next to come is the exhaust. Needs to be out the back for wof... Now? Unsure if I should dump just after back wheels out the side or go the GT look with two chrome rectangular pipes out the back?

Anyway enough crap from me.. Pics

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33404&p=874757#p874757">viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33404&p=874757#p874757</a><!-- l -->

Took the old girl into the Carby shop in Frankton. Highly recommend this guy. Car started running worse the more I drove it.. Thought fuk this im not pissing around with it anymore. Turns out I did vacuum wrong. Should have been a 7.5 Power Valve and i had a 3.5 in there. Jets pretty much spot on. He fixed that and the mixtures. Shit me Wheels spins with ease. Both wheels...Just plant the throttle.! Total cost $40 bucks!

• 2 months later...

New sump is in, Carby retuned after I tried to fit manual choke kit. Carby didnt like it. Front timing cover resealed. Only tiny little leaks now. Power steering and back of sump... Im over taking this shit out so just going to put up with it...!

Need a new hand brake cable and Exhaust to be redone before warrent in a months time. Missing a couple of seat bolt. Also wanting to set up some new seat belts so I can fit the kids seats in the back for family cruising. Any ideas on what second hand ones will fit the back or front? Maybe convert to retractable front...

DSC01511.jpg

DSC01510.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This week, Rebuilt the front end. New tie rods, Pitman arm, Idler Arm, All new ball joints, sway bar bushes and radius rod bushes also New control arms. Had a bitch of a time bleeding the brakes, was in a rush and ended up pushing to far on brake pedal and fucking the master cylinder. New one put in and couldnt get the fucker to bleed through. Took back out and bench bled the fucker a few times. Finally got it bleeding put back in and gravity bled it! Works mint now and just needs wheel alignment.

Also while the front was in the air getting the front treatment I noticed that a bit of trans fluid had leaked out. This has never happened before while flat and wondering if it could be front the trans end seal being overflowed front it being on an angle. Should it need replacement?

• 2 weeks later...

Went for Wof today, Failed on no brake light,, Just a fuse also exhaust dumping before diff. So having it flanged behind the diff and 2 resonators put on after the flange so can have just the flow masters or quieten right down for wof time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got car back from COBY.... Brilliant dude Dan that works there He just does awesome work is a Ford nut so worked me some mean discounts! Have 4 different exhaust options now.. Flanged before diff so can run as I use to, Flanged after diff and then a set of Wof pipes with a resonator in each one and also another set of pipes that can be put on and no resonators.. All this cos me $490.00 Took him 6 hours as it was a bloody mission apparently.Considering I was quoted $400 just to have two pipes fitted at another shop...

New Carby Holley street avenger 670 ordered from the states.... Cant wait to see how much gas I save and if I get more power compared to my 750 d/p

Wof time MONDAY!

Swapped the D/p for a 750 v/s carby, Dude I got it off was ultra GC, Fitted to motor in his driveway, He did idle mixtures and got it running mint for me! LEgend! Runs so much nicer, Better throttle response and less gas usage... HUGE WIN. Also have a 670 holley street avenger on its way from the states so will run both see whats best!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...