Recognise this Hilux handbrake cable?

l1ttle_d3vil

The handbrake cable in the Corolla snapped and I need to replace it... one problem - all I know is it's out of a Hilux, so I'm trying to find the exact model.

Guy from the local wreckers seemed fairly certain it is from a 2WD Hilux, around LN85 model, but he says there are two types with different bolt spacing (around 45mm and 65mm). The bolts on my cable are approx 64mm apart. Total cable length is approx 125cm, but it has been stretched before snapping so this may be a bit off, although I'm fairly certain this is close to the original length.

Using Trademe + Carjam, I've found a couple of models around the LN85 series, and putting these vin numbers in to ToyoDIY, the cables from the two models below have a slight resemblance to mine...

1989 Toyota Hilux 1.8 Single Cab 2WD

Engine: 2Y

Chassis: YN85

1989 Toyota Hilux 2.4 Single Cab 2WD

Engine: 2L

Chassis: LN85

Still a bit of a guessing game though, so ideally what I need is someone who can ID exactly what model the handbrake cable has come off. If you know of someone with a Hilux around the same era as those above, could you please check it out and see if it looks the same, maybe measure the bolts and get a couple of photos.

Photos below are of my cable. Any info would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

-Matt

handbrake01.jpg

handbrake02.jpg

handbrake03.jpg

• 3 weeks later...