Petes Bugeye Starlet kp60

mazlyf

Discus Project here //oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33834

Alot of you would have seen this on Trade me, Heres pics as it was on Trades

158585003full.jpg

158585177full.jpg

158585225full.jpg

I managed to buy it as a rolling body without the rotary engine and gearbox but Did get all the crossmembers etc to remount the rotary.

I brought this with the idea of having 3 options

Option 1 putting a 4agze out of a 94 supercharged levin having previously having a 4agze starlet they are alot of fun. However the gbox tunnel has been done (supposedly professionly) to suit the rotary so

Option 2 Having all the mounts fuel pump etc buy and install 13b and 5 speed (easy option)

Option 3 Put all starlet 4k running gear in and get it rereged BUT gbox tunnel has been modifyed so would probably get pulled up on this anyway

Heres some pics picking it up from Piha and journey back to Palmy North

014uaz.jpg

029wr.jpg

033mbo.jpg

First thing I did was removed the bumpers and brought a Mint back bumper and paneled the front one, brought some toyota chrome surrounds as well as the eyebrows for the bonet/bugeyes and this is as it sits now

072df.jpg

063oc.jpg

064ov.jpg

Just gotta figure out what engine!!! - Discus //oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33834

• 3 weeks later...

So after alot of thought about what I want from the car (which is daily driver that can drive to a race track/motorsport event, thrash it and then drive home again) have decided to do the 4agze supercharged conversion. Have owned alot of rotarys over the years but never managed to hook 5th gear burnouts with ease like my last 4agze starlet :D

So brought this with a worn clutch (no biggie replace with heavy duty) and slightly buggered 1st gear (not gonna use fwd gbox so sweet as!)

014xqx.jpg

Which has this in full stock standy form

012atg.jpg

So ill label all the plugs pull the engine and the full loom and sell/scrap the rest of the car for funds towards t50 gbox - Already have a 14psi boost pully for it so should be ace in the light starlet, Now to pull it all out!