mules ae70

Shandangles

discussion thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30651

thought i should finally put up a build thread just before i move to aus and dont touch the car for ages :lol:

brought it in '08 running a 4age, k50, d2s, s series locker and a link making 88whp

AE70003-1.jpg

then eventually over the coarse of the next three years it turned into this

DSCF0676.jpg

DSCF0448.jpg

DSCF0818.jpg

4link.jpg

was running a 4agte w55 hilux diff, trd/ koni, rose joints/ adjustable everywhere 230 whp. till about 3 weeks ago.

I then decided to completely strip it just 6 weeks before i move to aussie for god knows how long, but in the 6 weeks before i go she will be undergoing some major changes, so this thread will be about the car from now on.

She is going to visit my good buddies Simon and Dan (nothingsfree) aka SURFAB on monday for some mad fab shit then off for a P&P in and out then hiffed in the shed 8)

will take progress pics as it comes along

been playing at the SURFAB fantasy factory today after work. Did some seam welding, now about 90% of the front of the car is done, and about 50% of my arms are burnt to shit

decided to weld the strut bar mount doofers to the car as the std holes had been slogged to buggery

DSCF0849.jpg

DSCF0848.jpg

DSCF0847.jpg

"Clearanced" the inner guard with a gas torch, big hammer and the power of Simon

DSCF0846.jpg

more awesome work by the SURFAB boys, infact fab work is about done, will hopefully beat KUSTOMS INC tomorro for some new paint action

Dash bar, cage to front struts & mount for wilwood pedal box sorted

DSCF0858.jpg

Firewall holes filled

DSCF0855.jpg

turret bars

DSCF0857.jpg

Boot panel

DSCF0861.jpg

I under-sealed the new boot floor

DSCF0864.jpg

& the front guards

DSCF0862.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well long time no update, seeing as iv moved to Perth and Kustoms inc went tits up. The car was basically sitting for a couple months doing fuck all even tho i had paid fora majority of the P&P before i moved.

However MASSIVE thanks to Dan aka nothingsfree aka The southern collectove he managed to "broker a deal" to get shit sorted, so as of today its Painted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the only photos i have so far, but im assured the inside is painted too lol

yellowmule2.jpg

yellowmule.jpg

that will be all the updates for a while apart from buying shits and bits for it which im sure ill post up.

discuss viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30651

cheers kids

• 3 weeks later...

well unfortunately i had to ho home for a funeral last week but i got to have a descent loom over the car and bodge some of it back together/take photos so here they are

bodged the panels n lights etc in loosely for pic

DSCF1045.jpg

the front valence panelneeds some "massaging" for it to fit nicely

DSCF1049.jpg

DSCF1048.jpg

see the interior is painted too lol

DSCF1047.jpg

DSCF1046-1.jpg

engine bay is painted the same color as the interior but apparantly i didnt take any pics of it

• 4 months later...

boring picture-less update......

finally got myself back in the black so have started amassing stuff for the car

have purchased 1 Bosch 044 fuel pump, 2x fuel pump brackets (1 for the 044, 1 for the 070) and some MRP/Fortune Auto coilovers, should be the goods, next will be the wilwood order =)

edit, found a pic of said suspension, shit is flash

ae70suspension.jpg

• 1 month later...

well im back in the country and all my shit has arrived!!! about to go fit everything.

The wilwoods

2012-09-201508351.jpg

and the MRP/Fortune auto

2012-09-25115109.jpg

have just been at the surfab fantasy factory getting the fronts welded up, had a wee steel plug made to go into the remains of the factory strut and the adjustable tube for a bit of added strength, was made by TRANSIT engineering on Francella st Linwood, Cheap as chips and took less than 24 hours, top service !!

fitted stuff up, albiet the wrong way so the caliper is at the back not the front but its on and all fits and doesnt hit anything!!!! shit is close tho the grease nipple for the ball joint is like 5mm max from the rim with the 50mm RCAs

2012-09-26190600.jpg

280mm disc in through a 15" sportmaxx / max suspension droop!!!

2012-09-26190650.jpg

sweetness

discuss viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30651

• 5 weeks later...

Brought some alloy front hubs from a company in Ireland called Group 4 fabrications http://www.grp4fabrications.com/ Paid for them on Monday and they were at my house Thursday morning, Epic Service in my book. The hubs are a direct replacement for the factory 86 ones but have an in built 10mm spacer & they look swish as shit

2012-10-26161156.jpg

2012-10-26161220.jpg

Just need to replace the front castor arms as they are shit "hardrace" ones and bent, im thinking either Driftworks or T3 then the front suspension/steering should be all done.

MAD!!!

• 5 months later...
Guest d1 mule

shit yarn update, stole one of dan / nothingsfree longchamps 15x9 -20 with 196 45 15 to see how it fits, verdict is will be able to fit a 15x9 -30 with a 205-50 and have it completely perfect. mad score

excust the shitty gopro pics, i dont have a lcd on it yet so didnt know what i was taking pics of lol

GOPR0009.jpg

GOPR0011.jpg

will be getting my wanky hubs all sorted hopefully before nats, and fuel system before the end of the month fingers crossed

chur

• Like 1

Guest d1 mule

now have a lcd for the goproso picsSHOULD be better lol

Got the new wheel bearings and studs thanks to CAR ltd and SURFAB for use of their facilities

GOPR00042.jpg

GOPR00022.jpg

The hubs have a 10mm built in spacer, essentially giving me a 15x8-10 wheel. I might have to do some sort of wheel alignment to make it turn / move, maybe lol

Herra Frush / obligatory eftpos card gank drift skids up g shot ha

GOPR00092.jpg

at full droop lol

GOPR00062.jpg

GOPR00102.jpg

GOPR00082.jpg

The passengers EYElignment is much more forgiving

GOPR0012.jpg

Yarns

http://oldschool.co....page__hl__mules