Broardspeed Bullit

J2Racing

Does anyone have any tech info on these they can share. I have done the google thing and found lots of pics and blah blah. But what I want to know is what they did with the essex to make more power. Not having much luck with the stroker root. so this is phase two.

• 4 months later...

Have you tried looking into into road tests of the real cars sometimes they discuss what they have done - Next time you are in Wellington look up the following magazine references of publications i have indexed from National Library of NZ on Molesworth St that is very near the Wellington Railway Station a block or two away (I indexed most of British publications to the late 80s and 90s)

they are tests - April 1971 Motorsport (GB) page 338-339

25 Feb 1971 Autocar (GB) Page 28-30

18 April 1973 Page 20-22

Now I sure Practical Classics magazine (who would be a good contact via their forum) often do Engine tech & DIY Clinics on motors and I seem to remember one of the Ford 3.0 Essex Engine but i tried to find where i filed it unfer (database is that big..)-opps i have found it January 2002 Practical Classics (GB) Part 1 engine clinic (not documented y myself yet ...I inherited Weltec early collection a few years back that i still working through) and part 2 is Feb 2002 page 138-141 - -Practical Classics is held at Wellington Public Library main city one on Victoria Street - I seem to remember your Library ib CHCH may have them too

let me know how you go

Cheers Julian from carmagreviews.co.nz

Otherwise i would suggest Fast Ford Magazine of the UK

The now defunct and hard to find (no Library in NZ got it) Feb 1970 Car & Car Conversions (GB) did a preview and tech analysis of the car and its engine (sorry i do no have a copy myself in my collection of rare mags)