Lowrotas 71 Vg valiant

lowrota

Well she is an old girl with a tiny bit of body rust but its a daily driver so not to worried about it. Just making up a manual choke for her and polish up the jelly bean tridents and should look good.

Running a 265 with 2 barrel carby. 218bhp/163kw. Its had some (rough) paint touch ups but she is a strong runner and good for cruising

Discussion viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16822

Plans later on is:

Manual choke

New 8 inch speakers in back if i can find a cheap set.

New boot lock

Repaint gloss or flat orange with black roof? Undecided or maybe just repaint colours it is now.

Fix window rubbers.

Headers

4barrel?

P1170081.jpg

P1170083.jpg

P1170080.jpg

valiant23.jpg

valiant2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Well from this

P1310190.jpg

to this after a bit of autosol.

P1310191.jpg

My little girl following in dads footsteps....Little petrolhead!

P2170217.jpg

And one photo i quite like.

P2170218.jpg

What i have done so far...

Boot lock replaced.

Heater blocked off,

New fuel sender

Pioneer 8Inch speakers

Cleaned her up a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

New update..

Pictureless

New extractors have been bought and is getting a new exhaust system throughout. One single resonater is replacing the current muffler that is apparently best suited for a 4 cylinder. Will update photos when its all on! Estimated power increase 20kw

• 2 months later...

Extractors turned out to be a bitch so sold them off and bought another set that where in better nick. Not handy with a welder (and dont have one) so waiting till i can take it somewhere to get put on. Accelerator cable was redone, 350 was rebuilt and rejetted/new needle and seat etc. Had water damage that needed cleaning but all up carb rebuild was only $116 @ the carby shop in hamilton. Fully recommend that place(now its got new ownership). She starts like a new car and runs bloody sweet now.

M&H Flowmaster copy has been fitted Free flow and sounds fn sweet.

• 4 weeks later...

Now getting stuck into the body. Some nice rusty bits and the boot has had the roughest bitchen panel work on it and is about 90 % bog lol. WSill be rust treating, replacing what i can and maybe source new boot if need be but i reckon all them be about same condition as mine. Will post some pics soon. New colour should look sweet with black bonnet :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right we have primer!!! New redrilled axles shpould be finished tomorrow and Will be finishing engine bay this weekend hemi orange. Then getting her running again and off to panel beaters to have rust cut and welded through a mate flygjq.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Doors are back on today and the top of front guards werent panel beated right when he got rid of the rust! He made it kind of straight when it should have had a curve. So out with the hammer and have curved those bitches!! Will spot prime it tomorrow and hopefully finish last of sanding on doors for painting on the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

SAM_0081.jpg

SAM_0080.jpg

SAM_0079.jpg

SAM_0078.jpg

Nearly assembled. Blacked most of interior out. Roof and sides, door cards etc. Lights, Indicators all working. Leaf spring needs a weld taken out where it attaches to body. And have a bolt rethreaded in. New handbrake cable needed and where jack point is on sill is still fukin rusty and needs cutting out and plating. Hopefully all done this week and new wheels/tyres and wof should done in a couple of weeks. Miss placed my drivers side door and boot lock