Camel's Blue Toyota Crown Wagon MS63

Camel

Discussion Thread: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/21629-locedas-ms63-crown-wagon/?hl=%2Bcrown+%2Bwagon

So thought it was about time I posted this up. So yea it sat on trademe for way to long for me to resist purchasing it but hey. Got it transported up and it turned out quite a bit rougher than i was expecting but you get that when buying without viewing. It so happens that I knew of another wagon that a friend had sitting in his garage gathering dust so I purchased that too, hoping to combine for 1 phat ride bo3.

So plans are as follows...

Fix rust in boot, roof, A pillar, sills, guard

Paint roof etc matty B and re fit roof racks

Remove engine and trans

Swap interior with parts wagon as it is awesome black vinyl

Measure up both wagon and coupe chassis points for compatiblility

Lift body off both chassis and swap

Get airbags up and working in wagon

Install engine driven compressor for bags

Install coupe engine and trans

Widen 14s and stretch some toite rubber onto them

And this WILL be done by nats, no ifs buts or maybes as it will be trailering mikunis wagon down for epic convoyness.

Pics of progress so far...

Parts wagon out on road, lasted four days before council tried to tow it away as an abondoned vehicle. FUCK OFF!!

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

Poor old coupes looking a bit snowed under, not for long

DSCN0005.jpg

How she looked when she arrived

DSCN0074-1.jpg

Hunting out rust etc

DSCN0073.jpg

DSCN0072.jpg

DSCN0063-1.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

Mikuni doing extremely technical measurements for wheel sizing etc

DSCN0071.jpg

Ripped the engine out on saturday, trans to follow

DSCN0001.jpg

Roof racks off for rust work, boot rust all sorted now thanks to sheepers

DSCN0003-1.jpg

gape

DSCN0004.jpg

Raped and pillaged

DSCN0002-1.jpg

So yea, I know i have my work cut out for me but I reckon it s doable. Will keep you all posted haha

• Thanks 1

Me n sheepers measured up both the wagon and coupe chassis tonight and checked them against the measurements in the manual and they are indeed identical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yea now begins the mission of unbolting everything and getting them both ready for the body swap, at this point Im hoping to do it queens birthday weekend, so hopefully all goes well....

Right so cracked into it after work last night, we ripped the trans and d shaft out of the wagon then dropped it off the axle stands and sheepers started on the rust in the roof. I proceeded to pull the front off the coupe and pull the engine out. fuk i took ages.

DSCN0014.jpg

Sheepers awesome patch/welding skills, top stuff

DSCN0016-2.jpg

Front off ready for engine removal...

DSCN0013-1.jpg

DSCN0011-1.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

Crack up pic of the abuse the exhaust got when the coupe was on the road, restrictive yes

DSCN0019.jpg

Engine out at about quarter past forever, fukn tired today ha

DSCN0023.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

MEGA QUEENS BIRTHDAY UPDATE BOES!!!!!!!111!!!

HARD BUMZ AS

So been working ma arse off all week getting cars ready for chassis swap, picked up my parts coupe on thursday after work and took it up to my parents place in whangarei to store. Then at it again on friday night to make sure everything was sweet, mikuni jetted up from the tron to give a hand.

Then up at 5:30 saturday morning, trailered both cars out west to a mates workshop, took a deep breath and so it began...

coupe on trailer at home

DSCN0003-2.jpg

DSCN0002-2.jpg

Up on the hoists to unbolt last little things, steering box and handbrake

DSCN0005-1.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0019-1.jpg

DSCN0018-1.jpg

Coupe suspension

DSCN0012-1.jpg

DSCN0011-2.jpg

flash as ow bits of wood holding suspension up

DSCN0010-1.jpg

DSCN0009-1.jpg

Dirty standard suspension

DSCN0016-3.jpg

DSCN0017-2.jpg

DSCN0013-2.jpg

sussing everything out...

DSCN0006-1.jpg

DSCN0007-1.jpg

DSCN0004-1.jpg

Then back down to put hoist under body

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0027-1.jpg

DSCN0028-2.jpg

Ye sturdy ol work horse haha

DSCN0023-1.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

Anyway, back to it, and so the moment of truth arrives, coupe first...

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0031-2.jpg

DSCN0032-1.jpg

DSCN0033-1.jpg

DSCN0042-1.jpg

DSCN0041-1.jpg

1 down, 1 to go

DSCN0042-1.jpg

DSCN0034-1.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0038-1.jpg

Quick markup to make line up easier

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

Then to the wagon...

DSCN0047-1.jpg

DSCN0048-1.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0050-1.jpg

DSCN0051-1.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

DSCN0056-1.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

DSCN0058.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0062-1.jpg

Then Sheepers challenged me to a race, Oh its on muthafucka!!!!

DSCN0064-1.jpg

It was neck and neck till the very end

DSCN0065.jpg

DSCN0066.jpg

Fukn useless cunts, back to work!!

DSCN0067.jpg

Coupe dropped onto standard chassis

DSCN0073-1.jpg

DSCN0072-1.jpg

DSCN0071-1.jpg

Then wagon lowered onto bagged chassis

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/Lo ... CN0070.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

DSCN0078-1.jpg

DSCN0077.jpg

With a small adjust haha

DSCN0081.jpg

Then wrapped the coupe up and back to my house

DSCN0082.jpg

Then put the wagon on the trailer

DSCN0090.jpg

And a few pics of Naos ceda and Sheepers coupe

DSCN0089.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0088.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg

Then back to my place to pull the wood out of the wagon haha

DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0096.jpg

Then spent the rest of the day putting engine in/drinking piss. Had a crack at fitting gearbox but was a cunt so called it a day.

On Sunday Sexyminor and Davidian came round to give a hand and we got gearbox done, pedal box swapped, brakes reconnected and engine wiring done, and had a few cold ones n talked shit as usual.

On Monday me and davidian got steering column bolted back in, finished pedal box, bled clutch, then went and got some more lines and fittings for the bags. Then sheepers came round in the arvo and helped me bleed the brakes so they all sorted now, and fired up the engine which was quite loud as exhaust exited straight out of block!!

So yeah all in all a very successful weekend, Mad respect to Mikuni, Sheepers, Sexyminor and Davidian for taking time off from their projects to lend a hand, off the crane boes!!!!

• Thanks 1

Oh yea and my wheels arrived the other day, 15 x 9 centrelines

10.jpg

So did a trial fit onto the wagon, sit out a bit dont they!! Guna stretch 195/50/15s onto them so should look nice, but guards may need some gentle massaging haha

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

And heres one of the wheels on the rear as well, tis my favourite pic at the mo

15.jpg

yea so took a rim and tyre to get it fitted for test fit on wagon and most cunts just laughed at me, so fukn ended up at MAG N TURBS BO3!!. They said they would give it a crack but when they were putting the tyre on they ripped the bead then tryed to say the rim edge was too sharp and didnt want to supply a new one!!!! So I told them to get fucked and they supplied a brand spanka haha. Anyway long story short, not, took it to a truck tyre place and they got it on the bead so test fitted it, I think they stick a bit too far out of the guards on the rear and would need flares and guard hackage which im not really keen to do. What you guys reckon, is it worth it or should i just widen my 14s to suit and have a lot less issuses/not be as tuff...

Anyway, heres some pics

DSCN0014-1.jpg

DSCN0013-3.jpg

DSCN0012-2.jpg

DSCN0011-3.jpg

DSCN0010-2.jpg

Drivers side rear

DSCN0005-2.jpg

DSCN0004-2.jpg

Passenger side rear, obviously needs adjustable panhard rod

DSCN0006-2.jpg

DSCN0007-2.jpg

Oh and pic of engine in

DSCN0002-3.jpg

Engine driven compressor Im going to use for airbag set up eventually

DSCN0003-3.jpg

And new air fittings and line, decided to increase to half inch etc

DSCN0001-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OH HEY BO3S!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!

Been waay too busy for updates but ill throw a few more pics up to let you know that i havnt flagged haha.

So have been going hard out to get the bloody roof sorted which was really fukn me off, and finishn the rust work, which was fukn sheepers off haha. Chris (sexyminor) burnt round and we mock fitted his wheels on to see if tiny 14s would be too small...

DSCN0014-2.jpg

DSCN0010-3.jpg

DSCN0011-4.jpg

It was kinda hard to tell but i thort fuk it, if they look silly can always wack them on tardme. FINALLY got bloody roof painted satin black haha, first coat went ok but got a bit high on fumes n completely fucked up second coat haha, but meh rest of paint aint exactly showroom stz anyway

Oh and pulled windscreen out, fixed rust and got glued back in, finally getting near water tight, sort of...

DSCN0022-1.jpg

DSCN0023-2.jpg

So with help from Tom, got my centres cut out of my wheels and 14 x 8 centreless rims arrived from CaM (chur) and mocked up a wheel to try on to see how much dish i could run...

Comparasion to my 15 x 9s...

DSCN0026-1.jpg

DSCN0017-3.jpg

DSCN0016-4.jpg

DSCN0015-2.jpg

Absolutely luvn them ay, look so fukn cool!!! so had to try them on the wagon...

Pretty stoked as this is not as low as the suspension could go, the tyre is hitting on guard (which i will fix) and still has three heinously balloon wheels on, but yea you get the idea...

DSCN0001-3.jpg

DSCN0004-3.jpg

DSCN0005-3.jpg

Oh and they will have slightly more dish than that so will look fully seick maate. So weels are going back to wheel cunt tomorrow to get welded up and will hopefully have them all back with tyres on before weekend. In other news, been working from 6:30 till bout 1am on car this week, got air lines etc run along floor and put carpet and seats in, startn to look like a car again haha, and got about 90% of air install complete so should hopefully test it tonight, then will be getting towed to the exhaust shop on thursday night and back to mine friday after work so I can finish interior and maybe even a spin round the block, cant fukn wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1