electric windows install--electricians

kirk28

Ok, i have the regulators out of a cressida (gx60) for my wagon with windy fuckers (no like the windy, yes windy spelt the same as WINDy). It is a bolt up affair, which is easy peasy, i have also used the donor car's central locking motors (keyless alarm coming)-they bolt up nice, and have factory reliability versus the taiwan shit motors and crap you have to mount yourself..

Here's the question for anyone electrically minded (im handicapped when it comes to wiring anything)..

I don't want to use the donor car's power switches, as it would mean changing over the door cards, which means the introduction of a bulky arm rest that the switches are fitted into. Also my door cards are mint, and match the seats, and im big on originality. I found some 'flush fit' switches outta a 1988 Izusu Bighorn, they bolt to the door and mount straight onto the door cards---so will look legit and i keep my door cards.

Now if i mount all regulators, motors etc, the auto elecy would just need to run wiring to all four door motors, and then sus out the 4 wires that come from each swtich to the corresponding -up/down wire on the motor loom for each window...well that is my logic anyway...

So, anyone know if i am correct in my assumptions? i can't be assed ringin the sparkies cos they always say the same thing--'bring it in" and the car isn't mobile atm but i wana know before i start reassembling anything on the fucker.

So roughly is it a simple job for an on to it auto sparky? and roughly how long do you think it would take them? to help things i have a wiring diagram for the cress, and have the original cress power window swtiches as well..

Ok now give me some answers.