EarthwurmJurm's 1989 Lada Wagon

EarthwurmJurm

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bit of an update, motor is running, bloody well actually.

It seems to have decent compression, havent put my tester across it yet, but the lada starter motor has a fair bit of trouble turning it over it seems. so I guess that is a good sign!

pics to come soon, she should prowling the streets within the next couple of weeks, so some scenic photos might be in order.

• 2 months later...

A bit of an update.. I have sorted out a throttle linkage, we ended up using a pedal from a ford laser so after a bit of fucking around and cutting + bending, then some more fucking around we got that mounted up. It works pretty well, although it cos do with a bit more modding to get the pedal in the right position.

Yesterday was a pretty big day as far as progress goes, as we had the car idling and moving under it's own power (!) about a metre foward and backwards down the driveway, so that was pretty leet and I'm stoked.

I won't -really- be able to run it much or take it for a test drive till I get an exhaust made up, as it has no exhaust at the moment and is bloody rowdy.

I have also mounted a chrome bumper from the fiat 125 I had on the front, and will be doing the same on the back.. it's a bit of a fuck around mounting them but here's hoping they will look heaps better/different from the factory ones, the front looks good anyway, albeit dirty.

I will be saving my pennies for the next couple of weeks to pay for an exhaust (anyone got hookups in this department? or able to do cashies?) and tidying up little bits and pieces, then hopefully going for a wof! if all goes to plan.