2 stroke mower

felixx

Found this on the side of the road.

Threw it in the truck and gave it a clean up.

Its swallowed half the air filter.

I cleaned the filter housing and threw some fresh fuel in.. pull pull nothing

Sparkplug was dry

Threw some start ya bastard in its neck

2nd pull it ran for 5 sec

Tried again, reved hard then began sucking fuel and ran like the vid..

At inlaws for dinner so will look at carb clean and reattaching throttle linkage after work this week.

• Like 8

Thinking the pulsing is an air flow issue..

I did notice throttle did not affect the carb butterfly,so will check if the throttle linkage is not broken too.

What have I missed? 

Interestingly the mower needed starting fluid each time, so could I expect a blocked jet..

Remove the idle mixture screw and blast out the hole it was in with carb/brake cleaner, should spray out a hole in the front of the carb as well as internally, they get blocked up a lot and give hunting idle.

Linkage doesn't directly control butterfly, I've had a couple that were either idle or max nang with nothing in between thanks to fucky governor.

Manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wRpU92lMIv2fV60NJvffIEXbKN9gMfy7/view?usp=drivesdk 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raizer said:

It's pretty typical for these.

Was told to try tilting it/lifting the back right up for a few seconds before starting when cold, might be a Barry tale but it always seemed to work for mine.

Will try it tomorrow!!

Thanks!!!

13 hours ago, V8Pete said:

I have two catchers to suit this mower if you want to somehow get them from Auckland :badgrin:

Thanks Pete.

I have a catcher but would love an intact mesh for the vents on the top if you have one.

Happy to pay 

yeah I always turn my fuel off and run the carb bowl dry before putting away so it has fresh fuel in the carb every cold start. 

also I usually pop the air cleaner lid off and give a squirt of crc 5.56 which is volatile enough to work as a safe starting aid for the single pull thrill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...