Duke Blackwood has crabs. 1968 Morris Austin 1100

The Dude

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Luckily I have lots of 1100 bits coming and going in otorohanga!

What do you need?

021 557028 

20220812_130744.jpg

Legend! I need heaps haha

First and foremost:

- drivers seat

- windshield wiper arm

- rear seatbelts

for rear seatbelts, do I need to be careful how I mount these? Or can I just bolt them anywhere sturdy and claim a grandfather clause for my wofs?

• Like 1

Another ADO16 owner here. According to the UK dealer brochure from back in the day rear seatbelts were a factory option on these meaning that there should be threaded mounting holes for them already in there somewhere. Might be BS cos I've never managed to find them on my Wolseley 1300 but have a look anyway and if you find them please let us all know where they are.

• Like 1

Yeah Minis had the same thing in their bellhousing.

Really liking the look of this, with the grey paint and wide flared arches. Its different.

The collapsed seat, is it just the support diaphragm on the underside that has split? Can probably replace it with one from a Mini

11 hours ago, Duke Blackwood said:

First and foremost:

- drivers seat

- windshield wiper arm

- rear seatbelts

for rear seatbelts, do I need to be careful how I mount these? Or can I just bolt them anywhere sturdy and claim a grandfather clause for my wofs?

OK man I have you covered on wiper arm and a drivers seat, give me a call and I'll sort something out for you

11 hours ago, Duke Blackwood said:

First and foremost:

- drivers seat

- windshield wiper arm

- rear seatbelts

Rear seatbelts were never in these as standard so it's buy a set, but be careful how you mount them, or pull them at wof time

I kept seeing this car come up in my recommended listings on Facebook Marketplace, not sure what crimes I had committed for it to suggest me a landcrab.

Neat though, fond memories of burning around the Hamilton lake in one of these

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 15/08/2022 at 19:27, RUNAMUCK said:

B18C+T swap piz.

Yeah they do a front subframe in America for the Honda B series and used to do a rear for 4wd... it gets rid of the Hydrolastic though so involves some work there. 

AFAIK the Landcrabs were Austin 1800s not the 1100s at least here in Australia. 

• Like 2

On 15/08/2022 at 21:27, RUNAMUCK said:

B18C+T swap piz.

3 hours ago, fuzzy-hair-man said:

Yeah they do a front subframe in America for the Honda B series and used to do a rear for 4wd... it gets rid of the Hydrolastic though so involves some work there. 

AFAIK the Landcrabs were Austin 1800s not the 1100s at least here in Australia. 

Sorry fellers, I have a consistent history of not finishing projects which stretch my mechanical capability and this would be more than a stretch haha.

It's also not really what this car is for - I just wanna be able to get out and cruise with my young family in summer. Going perilously slow is funny.

I used to have an 1100cc Hondamatic Civic when I was a man-child and I would rip the choke out when passing cyclists. It was like a James Bond smoke screen.

YARN | It's the simple things in life you treasure. | Galaxy Quest (1999) |  Video clips by quotes | 7be30f3b | 紗

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Duke Blackwood said:

So I’ve mounted my fuel pump, terribly, because I’m hopeless. I am not an engineer. My permanent mount genuinely involved a piece of firewood. No photos. Too much shame…

it also didn’t start. Goddamnit. I haven’t checked spark/timing etc so it may yet be something simple.

14E2CA41-F04F-4AE8-B48C-02D32C03346A.thumb.jpeg.bf019b03df9d770b4f01c30c536c190b.jpeg

I had limited success with my Hydrolastic pump assembly - I’ve got the system holding 100psi nicely, which is about half what it needs, but it’s still on axle stands. The system worked well but the valve I have for connecting to the noozles threads on… so I pump up to a known pressure, and then lose an unknown amount of pressure while frantically unscrewing the valve (and painting my workshop with antifreeze in the process). I’m not sure how to resolve that, but it’s a small fry problem at the moment.

image.jpeg.ab328244e9ff8a976e178ce363b94d70.jpeg

does undoing the T piece release pressure on the schrader valve, so you can take off the fitting without squirting everywhere? That’s how my SST pump works. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, GuyWithAviators said:

image.jpeg.ab328244e9ff8a976e178ce363b94d70.jpeg

does undoing the T piece release pressure on the schrader valve, so you can take off the fitting without squirting everywhere? That’s how my SST pump works. 

No - the T opens and closes the valve on the hose, but the valve on the hydro system is open from about 3 threads through 8 threads…. Problematic

• Sad 1