Obd2 bluetooth dongles

yetchh

Hello, looking at a couple of the bluetooth dongles and apps. What are the better ones to get? I did look at a scan gauge but I don't want to spend that much to check a few things. Do most of them come with their own android apps or are there better combinations found on play store? Cheers. 

I got one from either trademe or aliexpress, I'll have a look next time I'm near my tool box. It wasn't very expensive and it bluetooths to my phone.  I downloaded 'car scanner' for free and it worked mint , found and fixed a cam angle sensor fault, and clears codes etc  

• Like 2

I bought a LeLink obd2 from amazon. Bit dearer but leafspy on iPhone is fussy. Works mint and has survived a trip through the washing machine. I think android is better for apps. I have car scanner pro which has connection profiles for hundreds of models, but generally only newer cars. Does generic OBD stuff just fine.

• Like 1

I run a ultragauge it works similar to scan gauge but has way more options.

little bit spendy but worth it imo

Main reason I went with it is you turn your car on and it's on,don't have to open app then bluetooth connect

You can set alarm alerts so if you go over pre set it will tell you

Knowing you torque converter Temps trans pan temp intake air temp etc etc etc is pretty cool on the fly.

It will also reads and clear codes

Think there knock off ones for cheap but probably a lucky dip

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have an under $10 trademe unit and it goes hard for what it is. 

I did pay for the Ford specific software in the torque app to get a few extra parameters to show in my turbocoon but this is not necessary for scanning and clearing codes etc.. 

Edit 

This is what mine looks like.. Can't comment on other options.. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/tools-repair-kits/meters-testers/listing/3760913695

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mjrstar said:

I have an under $10 trademe unit and it goes hard for what it is. 

I did pay for the Ford specific software in the torque app to get a few extra parameters to show in my turbocoon but this is not necessary for scanning and clearing codes etc.. 

Edit 

This is what mine looks like.. Can't comment on other options.. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/tools-repair-kits/meters-testers/listing/3760913695

I see in that listing it doesn't work with iphone.. could that be the reason my aliexpress one doesn't seem to work? it looks like this..

image.png.44a4390963756d6dbf72ad017338aa40.png