Kiwibirdmans 1968 Pontiac Firebird Convertible

Kiwibirdman

8 hours ago, j.e.d. said:

Cheers for posting this up mate, it’s awesome as others have said that you’ve had it for so long and still enjoy it.. bring on the next 26 years!

It's my birthday this weekend. If I'm still driving it in 26 years I'll be 80, faaaaark! I wonder if we will be able to get petrol in 2048.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Its nice to see this is being worked on now that the holden is done.

i still remember going in this for one of the shed raid days 

also a fan about the car having a cool backstory and history and for owning it for that long!

also what efi system are you going to run?

keep us updated 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2022 at 21:33, piazzanoob said:

Its nice to see this is being worked on now that the holden is done.

i still remember going in this for one of the shed raid days 

also a fan about the car having a cool backstory and history and for owning it for that long!

also what efi system are you going to run?

keep us updated 

I have an Edelbrock Pro Flo 4. It comes with Intake, throttle body, injectors, distributor, computer and wiring loom. They have great reviews and have a simple user interface. Mine came with a 10 table that has the user software loaded. I also bought an EFI fuel tank. I got lucky and paid for it all before the Kiwi dollar tanked and freight went through the roof.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah Summit is my usual go to I have not ordered large items or expensive ones though. How was shipping and tax? Did you get a loom for it as well or just plan to wire up yourself? I have the TBI but need a tank for a nice clean install and I'll need an alternator and wiring but I should have everything else from my previous install.

• 2 months later...
On 29/11/2022 at 10:11, Gee said:

Yeah Summit is my usual go to I have not ordered large items or expensive ones though. How was shipping and tax? Did you get a loom for it as well or just plan to wire up yourself? I have the TBI but need a tank for a nice clean install and I'll need an alternator and wiring but I should have everything else from my previous install.

Sorry, just saw this post. No problem with Tax etc, its all calculated when you pay.

The tank was easy to fit, it was the Holley retrofit. COmes with everything, a bit of dicking around to get the depth of the pump in tank right and the same for the fuel gauge sender. Both are a standard item that goes in various different tanks.

Biggest thing is making sure your alternator is up to it. I killed an electric fuel pump years ago when the alternator couldn't keep up with everything. 

So it comes with wiring to the front of the car but you have to assemble the tank? Or by everything do you mean the pump and sender? I'll need an alternator, I ran a Bosch 120A on my Fairmont. I'll also need wiring and plumbing to the front of the car.

3 hours ago, Gee said:

So it comes with wiring to the front of the car but you have to assemble the tank? Or by everything do you mean the pump and sender? I'll need an alternator, I ran a Bosch 120A on my Fairmont. I'll also need wiring and plumbing to the front of the car.

The tank I bought cam with the pump and sender, they had to be fitted. The pump cam with 300mm long wires. The earth was connected to the body of the car and the power wire extended to a relay up by the battery. The computer operated the relay which powers the pump. The fuel sender has one wire to earth and I changed the connector to use the original wiring for the fuel gauge.

• Thanks 1