Shakotoms G# K11

Shakotom

One of Nissan's most popular and successful compact cars was the March. It made its debut in 1982, then underwent a full model change in 1992. The revived March surpassed the original in every way, and became the first Japanese car ever to win the coveted European Car of the Year award. So what made this car so appealing? The answer lies in the details. Nissan adopted a rounder shape for the exterior body, and improved the car's overall packaging. Although the car measured 1.5 inches shorter than the original model, there was more space in the cabin.

Under the hood were two newly developed engines, a 1.0-liter DOHC inline-4. The former only produced 57 HP, making it fit for the driver with basic needs, but the latter, with its 78 HP was the choice for enthusiasts. Both engines came mated to a 5-speed gearbox, and with the 1.0-liter powerplant, there was the option to upgrade to a 3-speed automatic. With the 1.3-liter, one had the choice of a continuously-variable N-CVT transmission. The sportiest car in the March lineup was the G# (pronounced G Sharp), which designated the 3 door body powered by the 1.3-liter engine. It featured a tauter suspension, aluminium wheels, and fat sport tires. Although it didn't have the knockout performance of the first edition's Super turbo, it still got the job done when called upon…

9E7F090A-FB5B-419E-8CA5-B397382E2EFA.jpeg.a87e35fb7677f10d734d634a547e5e43.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GARDRB said:

I'm torn between team @yoeddynz and team @Roman for my next purchase

Have you considered a Daewoo Matiz?

(just get a 2 door either way)

12 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

Fantastic road test review. I think I'm going to have to buy one. 

BTW-you look good in a skirt.. 

Thanks, I think there’s this guy down your way that has a cabriolet version coming up for sale, Would be great with a manual swap…

2 hours ago, Willdat? said:

Sweet write up, I guess you don't have centre caps for your K11 wheels? My Superlative Ds didn't either, so I had these laser cut for mine by the One Stop Cutting Shop.

I’ve got a full set of centercaps for the superlative Ds -I think there’s just one or two of the fake centerlock nuts missing. Plan is to get something sorted when I reco those eventually. Maybe 3d printed? If I can get friendly with someone who has one/cad access.

and for the AMEs, No center caps unfortunately, I do like them with out even though it may reduce the aerodynamic efficiencies… -might have to look into getting some cut eventually when they get reconditioned too.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Shakotom said:

I was looking for FL2 lights

I'm pretty sure, but double check this because I might be wrong, that FL2 headlights are taller and won't fit. 

Our cabriolet has FL2 stuff and I tried fitting a fl headlight but it's different 

• 5 weeks later...